Where to start?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you say that now (I did) but when you start training him even if just general stuff you "may" get hooked, as I did ?

there are a few things for certain

you "will" lose weight and be fitter

you will from now on be less inclined to dress smartly

the not going on the sofa rule will last for approx two days

you will never ever have the same lifestyle that you had before

enjoy ?

Yes I think I'll keep a couple of crappy fleeces I was thinking of chucking, having experienced a recent session with him..

ha, wife and I both admit that over the last two years we have become scruffy dog owners ?

Buy him a fluffy toy (the cheap fluffy pheasant toys that pet shops sell is perfect) and get the owners to let the litter play with it now, you want loads of sent from his brothers and sisters all over it...leave that with him at bed time once he comes home, makes the transition from being part of a litter to being on his own easier on him.'

If you intend on keeping him in the house, consider buying a large cage for him to sleep in, he needs his own space too. My cocker pup uses her cage like a teenager uses their room...give her a talking to, she sulks off to her cage and lies down for a while in the huff, it's messy, covered in toys and full of socks she has 'hidden'. When you are going out, especially at he teathing stage, you can lock him in with a good chew toy knowing you will still have four legs on each chair when you return!!!

Buy him a fluffy toy (the cheap fluffy pheasant toys that pet shops sell is perfect) and get the owners to let the litter play with it now, you want loads of sent from his brothers and sisters all over it...leave that with him at bed time once he comes home, makes the transition from being part of a litter to being on his own easier on him.'

If you intend on keeping him in the house, consider buying a large cage for him to sleep in, he needs his own space too. My cocker pup uses her cage like a teenager uses their room...give her a talking to, she sulks off to her cage and lies down for a while in the huff, it's messy, covered in toys and full of socks she has 'hidden'. When you are going out, especially at he teathing stage, you can lock him in with a good chew toy knowing you will still have four legs on each chair when you return!!!
Yes, got a crate coming on loan from others neighbours. Not looking forward to the first few nights of howling. Good tip about the toy, thanks.

Remember the old saying,

"The man makith the dog..."

...in other words, how you dog turns out is a direct  result of how you have treated it and everything you have done with it!!!

First thing to do is find a vet. Your pup will need its second set of jags (breeder should have given the pups their first) and wormer. Pups get wormed from their mothers milk, so all pups need wormed, just in case!!!
It's unlikely any jabs will have been given now. There's two different types that aren't compatible with each and different vets use what they think is most effective for their area.

and pick poo up in a bag..oh the joys of dog ownership ?

Latest posts

Back