Will Canadians loose restricted privileges

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMD

Well with all the gang related violence happening in Toronto, the latest 2 dead 19 injured, the cries for a complete handgun ban seem to be getting louder

If it doesn't happen this time, I bet the next time some gang member opens fire we may be looking at handing in our pistols

Good thing I haven't purchased one yet, I think I will hold off for now

Joe

Joe, please do not try to BS! Besides you have a mayor that wants to ban legal guns in the city. The perpetrators are all gang related with illegal firearms! What is on the horizon is we restricted and prohibited owners paying for our licenses in the future. This was done to placate the ND party and to show that the present gov wanta a balanced budget after the liberal fiasco of $3Billion on the registry! I own nearly 40 restricted & prohibs! Does that make me a criminal? Joe, you need to get a bit informed about the use of restricted and now prohibited firearms. I have hunted with many and use many of them for work.

Henry

Joe, please do not try to BS! Besides you have a mayor that wants to ban legal guns in the city. The perpetrators are all gang related with illegal firearms! What is on the horizon is we restricted and prohibited owners paying for our licenses in the future. This was done to placate the ND party and to show that the present gov wanta a balanced budget after the liberal fiasco of $3Billion on the registry! I own nearly 40 restricted & prohibs! Does that make me a criminal? Joe, you need to get a bit informed about the use of restricted and now prohibited firearms. I have hunted with many and use many of them for work.

Henry
Umm that was an interesting response. No BS here. I don't care who committed the crimes, yes I know its gang related and not law abiding citizens I never said it was. Don't kid yourself, and you should get more informed, it takes but a few bad incidences with handguns like the one that just happened and thats it for restricted. Canadians don't care about a small number of people that own restricted firearms it the people wish it, restricted will go and it had absolutely noting to do with the registry, where you got that from I will never know.

I'm not aware of the laws out there but these gang related shootings would continue irrespective of wether xyz were banned as the criminals have no respect for the law.

Gang related gun crime here in the UK is very common despite a complete ban on handguns since the early 90's. All it was successful in doing was depriving many people of their legally held pistols and preventing them participating in their chosen sport.

Lets be clear here, guns; although designed to kill do not kill. The person pulling the trigger makes that decision.

Banning and making anything illegal doesn't have the slightest effect on those with no respect for the law in the first place who carry on regardless.

Cheers,

Jon.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back