Winchester 101 Field 28in

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMD

I'm considering the Winchester 101 Field 28in barrels as a skeet/sporting clays gun

My local store with my 15 percent off as a club member for the month of May has it for 1595.00 with tax

Or, is it worth the extra money to get to the 101 Sporting 30in barrels for 2016.95

If the only difference is two inches in barrel length is it worth paying 421.00 dollars more for the sporting

Thanks

Joe

Had a 101 once, started double discharging, no longer have a 101!!! I could never get on with the Winchester, usual advice, for clays, Beretta, Miroku or Browning. If your heart is set on the Winchester, I'd go 30".........

Are these new guns or 2nd hand? Sound a bit dear either way but get the 30" anyway.

Canadian Dollar it seems. £x1.6

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a pop with a 101 many years ago and I quite liked it. Not enough over a Miroku though

Winchester 101 was the best gun of its day , I had one in the mid 80's put over 50,000 shells through only needed to go to the gunsmith once for a broken ejector spring.

You might find the balance better on the 30inch but it all depends on how it feels to you, get someone to check that it points where your looking.

Thanks for the input

Apparently the sporting isn't available until September, maybe I'll hold off and look at a Browing

I don't want to drop a lot of money u til I'm sure I will be making a long term commitment to this sport.

I like it, but I need to love it to spend thousands of dollars on a gun

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
can you not get second hand guns near you joe ?? If your unsure of commitment then look at S/H . In the UK the S/H market is quite good and can get some bargains

Latest posts

Back