Winter Over Coat Windproof Waterproof

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hamster, if it's purely a jacket for clays then I cannot fault my musto clay jacket. I've been in torrential, shouldn't have bothered going, rain and I was comfortable and dry. Mine is a few years old now but it's like this http://www.williamevans.com/products/shooting-clothing/mens-shooting-clothing/mens-clay-shooting/item/musto-lexton-jacket/?gclid=CL_-kpSAxckCFUiu2wod8mAKaQ 

I shot for two years just wearing a north face jacket with big bulky collar. This jacket made the single biggest difference to my shooting. Not a good dog walking jacket. For that task I've a sherwood. 

Hamster, if it's purely a jacket for clays then I cannot fault my musto clay jacket. I've been in torrential, shouldn't have bothered going, rain and I was comfortable and dry. Mine is a few years old now but it's like this http://www.williamevans.com/products/shooting-clothing/mens-shooting-clothing/mens-clay-shooting/item/musto-lexton-jacket/?gclid=CL_-kpSAxckCFUiu2wod8mAKaQ 

I shot for two years just wearing a north face jacket with big bulky collar. This jacket made the single biggest difference to my shooting. Not a good dog walking jacket. For that task I've a sherwood. 
I have two very similar fleece lined Musto ones and yes I agree they're excellent, I can't ever recall water getting through them and in really cold weather you can always wear decent thermals. The collar doesn't get in the way of mounting and the pockets are thoughtful and durable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought one by "percussion" today, a new line stocked by north wales shooting school. Got it for beating. Waterproof breathable loads of pockets even one for a "priest" oh and game pockets at the back. Excellent quality and just under a ton.

I bought one by "percussion" today, a new line stocked by north wales shooting school. Got it for beating. Waterproof breathable loads of pockets even one for a "priest" oh and game pockets at the back. Excellent quality and just under a ton.
Bloomin eck ips, at that weight it will cause you to become round shouldered in no time !

P.S.  Do " percussion" do caps too ?

I have two very similar fleece lined Musto ones and yes I agree they're excellent, I can't ever recall water getting through them and in really cold weather you can always wear decent thermals. The collar doesn't get in the way of mounting and the pockets are thoughtful and durable.
I have the older version of the Musto Gore-tex jacket, they were £300 new but I got mine for £100 as end of line sale (Shows the 'mark up'). From memory it is very good, although unlined it is totally waterproof and windproof.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back