Wylye - 26th Feb

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiptop

My first ever shoot at wylye, thought the ground was well laid out having to only walk along the path with stands either side.There were some interesting targets and some standard types as well.

The only stands in couldn't suss was stands 9 and 10 became card wreckers for me, had a few straights stands 2,7, and11 and finished with a 70 in C class. All in all a very enjoyable day.

Thank you to all the staff at Wylye. Hope to be back soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful morning for a drive down to Wiltshire for another lovely shoot at Wylye SG. Sunshine all the way, clear roads and I was booked on about 10.40 - card 58, so pretty busy out on the course.

Saw Robo + 1, Snipey in the club house and LHS and TipTop out on the ground - but I went round on my own today as I wanted to try out a few new things with my shooting and then try and get back for the football.

Usual good quality shoot from Ian - I started on Stand 11 with my traditional opening straight at Wylye, then worked my way along. There was a nice sim pair of rabbits which needed a bit of respect and a lovely stand on the bank with a close range left to right followed by a high driven midi - which I struggled with before I realised it needed a farm gate of leeeeed. A really enjoyable sim pair of left to right loopers which had everyone talking about the right way to shoot... I went the wrong option and first, then settled on the right then the left for a 5. I enjoyed stand 7 as well - a flat going away up the hill followed by a high left to right looper which needed loads as well.

FInished on the stroll back with another nice stand - left to right battue followed by a high right/left midi - which I took 9 from to finish on 63. I was pretty happy with that. All in all - lovely day of shooting - an excelent course from Wylye coupled with warm spring sunshine. Well worth the trip.

The new things I tried? Well - the new recoil pad from LHS is about a quarter of an inch thicker than the previous one - and as I've been told that my gun is too small, it made sense to see if that would improve my fit & mount at all. I have to say - it felt a bit more comfortable and I felt a bit more in touch with the gun. Secondly, I tried shooting as much as possible gun-down - that's ahead of my foray in FITASC next week - I know that I made a few mounting errors along the way - so more consistency needed there. More practice.

The final thing was trying to adjust my trigger finger a little bit - it has been pointed out to me that I 'wrap my finger' around my trigger a bit - and I could possibly benefit from using the pad of my forefinger instead. That adjustment was a bit strange and I found myself slipping back into the old way a bit more, need to develop a bit more muscle memory there.

Certainly - some dry-mounting practice and the new recoil pad has helped a bit this week - if only with confidence.

Should just add - Chris Childerhouse (of this parish) was leading on 94 when I left...

It was good to see you today Matt, nice day to shoot. As for the finger on the trigger thats where the adjustable trigger on the 682 gold e comes into play.

Yep a fantastic shoot at Wylye again and was great to have the sun shine with us ... after a great start I soon lost the plot and let too many get away from me .. but pulled it back on the way back in to end up on a 62

Sounds like you had a great day out guys, had decided to do a skeet registered at Bilsey. Wish I had come to Wylye now, 93 at skeet is just not good enough. Can't wait for the Fitasc next weekend.

Good to see a few forum members out and about today. managed a 61 which I was pleased with as I'm now getting used to the changes to the gun and how to shoot targets now.

Andy

Yes, I did just the one registered skeet, also hitting 93. I found the experience neither interesting, rewarding or joyful. Sporting all the way for me!

CSC3

Another enjoyable day today, lovely warm weather! Only 2 stands really got me; stand 5 (simo loopers) and stand 9 I think ( pair of midis; right left crosser and left right 1/4 ing downhill thing)

Ended in a respectable 75 although I will hopefully be going back a week Thursday to sort out those that I struggled with.

(null)

I just remembered this, a pheasant very quietly hiding behind the trap on stand 7, this fella was keeping his head right down:

post-10-0-52365500-1330277846.jpg

Attachments

• WP_000040.jpg
    WP_000040.jpg
    493 KB · Views: 0
Another enjoyable day today, lovely warm weather! Only 2 stands really got me; stand 5 (simo loopers) and stand 9 I think ( pair of midis; right left crosser and left right 1/4 ing downhill thing) Ended in a respectable 75 although I will hopefully be going back a week Thursday to sort out those that I struggled with. (null)

Nice shooting Snipey mate :cool:

Yes good shoot missed far too many finished on 74 there was 88 in C class wont be there long A class soon.

I seen pheasant in hedge when shooting rabbits but did enjoy a bit far too travel two half hours will make the effort again worth while :)

To be fair - he'd have been safe on top of a few of the clays thrown today!

Latest posts

Back