ACS DT11

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJD

Hi, this has caught my eye, I follow the logic of having a higher comb and better peripheral vision (having tried to shoot abt with a game gun) but not sure how much of an all discipline gun it would be. Has anyone made the switch from a traditional spotter (or even Game gun) and if so is it a big adjustment? The closest used one is quite a trip to try .. I would usually expect to shoot more sporting than anything but I like the idea of trap too.

Not personally - I know two people who tried high ribs and have struggled and one who shoots one successfully. It's an all or nothing change in my view so if you other (game) guns are not high rib I would think very carefully about it. Get a gun fit first. Someone like Ben or Cheryl will point in the right direction as to whether something like that might work for you. A

Reactions: RJD
Many thanks, not sure who Ben and Cheryl are though, are they are a ground?

I too like the idea of raised ribs etc. However I find they tend to come with a Monte Carlo stock, which does not fit me. Puts my eye way too high. If you can mount one and it fits I’d be a little jealous for sure.

My only concern with high rib guns is how effective are they really? Are they just marketing hype to try and sell a few extra guns. If you look at the top 20 uk esp shots for example, how many of them are shooting a high rib gun? Obviously they have a place for certain people that they suit very well, but how many people are they really suitable for.

My only concern with high rib guns is how effective are they really? Are they just marketing hype to try and sell a few extra guns. If you look at the top 20 uk esp shots for example, how many of them are shooting a high rib gun? Obviously they have a place for certain people that they suit very well, but how many people are they really suitable for.
Is it not more of the case that they are only just becoming more popular?

Latest posts

Back