English skeet shooting

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Broster1998

Hi guys I'm after some advice.
I've been shooting for about 5 months and really enjoy shooting English skeet hopefully building up to Olympic skeet.
I've been constantly hitting 22s or 23s consistently but the last three time I've been out shooting I've been struggling to hit 20 or above .
Has anyone got any idea what I could be doing wrong or give me some advise that can help me get my first 25?
I've looked at having a lesson or some coaching but it can be very expensive and not sure if there's some steps I can take first

Are you missing the same targets around 3,4 and 5, maybe you're measuring the lead by looking at the gap and not concentrating on the target allowing your eye to check to the barrel. If you're missing targets on 1,2, 6,7 maybe its over confidence knowing they are easy and not giving it the required concentration. Without actually seeing you shoot we can't really tell. Just my two-penn'orth

Hi guys I'm after some advice.
I've been shooting for about 5 months and really enjoy shooting English skeet hopefully building up to Olympic skeet.
I've been constantly hitting 22s or 23s consistently but the last three time I've been out shooting I've been struggling to hit 20 or above .
Has anyone got any idea what I could be doing wrong or give me some advise that can help me get my first 25?
I've looked at having a lesson or some coaching but it can be very expensive and not sure if there's some steps I can take first
It’s impossible to say without more explanation. Even then it would probably need someone to watch you shoot to diagnose and correct the problem. In the meantime this may help:

It’s NSSA skeet but the leads are the same.

Now wasn't there a guy selling books on here... J/K. Seriously, get lessons from an instructor that really knows what he's doing. It may look more expensive than messing about shooting round after round, but that is false economy. The more you struggle, the more shells you will waste trying to fix issues that you may end up exacerbating. Take the time and spend the money to build on your foundations by learning from an expert. You will have less bad habits to kick later on, learn the rights habits and hopefully you will identify what you can work on to up your game. Especially if you have yet to move on to Olympic Skeet, there is no better advice than working on fundamentals first, then on speed. Accuracy is a bonus you get after you achieve consistency.

Now wasn't there a guy selling books on here... J/K. Seriously, get lessons from an instructor that really knows what he's doing. It may look more expensive than messing about shooting round after round, but that is false economy. The more you struggle, the more shells you will waste trying to fix issues that you may end up exacerbating. Take the time and spend the money to build on your foundations by learning from an expert. You will have less bad habits to kick later on, learn the rights habits and hopefully you will identify what you can work on to up your game. Especially if you have yet to move on to Olympic Skeet, there is no better advice than working on fundamentals first, then on speed. Accuracy is a bonus you get after you achieve consistency.
I think I'm going to go with a lesson but struggling to find someone that I'm sure knows what they're doing .
It's funny I went this morning for a shoot as it's my day off and I've beat my personal best of 23 with 3 rounds and shot 24 each time but there wasn't a cloud in the sky maybe the weather helps ?

I think I'm going to go with a lesson but struggling to find someone that I'm sure knows what they're doing .
It's funny I went this morning for a shoot as it's my day off and I've beat my personal best of 23 with 3 rounds and shot 24 each time but there wasn't a cloud in the sky maybe the weather helps ?
The best advice when it comes to domestic skeet is to watch Todd Bender's 'Winning with the fundamentals at Skeet' DVD. It breaks the discipline down in a methodical and simplistic way and is, to a large extent, the reason why CPSA and NSSA scores and averages have risen in the past 10 years. There's no better buy for a new competitor starting out.

Back