after a visit

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a_mckenzie

Hy guys,

How long usually after a visit from the police is your application finished? Just had a call to arrange the visit but missed it. Will have to call back tomorrow.

Oh goody.

I took my application in last Wednesday and that's them contacting me so hopefully they re not too busy.

Depends a lot on which county you are in. Some are really quick and others can take months literally.

waiting for my visit....it's only been 3 weeks since I sent my application form but really hoping they get a move on. Phoned them up but they just said they would be in touch soon...

Thats the visit over.

went OK i suppose, forgot to put my speeding offences on the application  :banghead:  but apologised , he said not to worry about it.

Just need to wait now.

Thats the visit over.

went OK i suppose, forgot to put my speeding offences on the application  :banghead:  but apologised , he said not to worry about it.

Just need to wait now.
I forgot to put my motoring offences on but the firearms officer was really good, took me two months from start to finish (staffs).

This is really doing my head in now.

on the 28th i called the guy who done the visit and he said that my application had went through the Sargent and the chief with no problems and he has sent it off to HQ in Glasgow to be issued to myself. brilliant i thought  he even gave me their phone number to see where they were at with it.

gave HQ a phone on the same day. yes we have it here, received it a couple of days ago just waiting to be processed should be middle of next week. ok. called them on the 4th to be told its waiting to be processed. right ok, mayby they are busy fair enough. called them again on Tuesday to be told its still waiting to be processed and might be this week or even next week.

At what point do you say enough is enough?

i know what the phrase "processed" means, i used to work in the civil service. it means my file is sitting on someones desk gathering dust waiting for them to punch in details to the computer.

rant over.  

Patience guys it will arrive soon enough and then you'll have no escape from the obsession sorry I meant sport:eek:

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Not to dampen your spirits anyone, but my wife's application last year was sent in on 19 April 2012, and her certificate was received on 22 October 2012, after many, many phone calls and finally pleading that we needed her licence to go to Bisley for her 50th birthday.  Hampshire.

This is really doing my head in now.

on the 28th i called the guy who done the visit and he said that my application had went through the Sargent and the chief with no problems and he has sent it off to HQ in Glasgow to be issued to myself. brilliant i thought  he even gave me their phone number to see where they were at with it.

gave HQ a phone on the same day. yes we have it here, received it a couple of days ago just waiting to be processed should be middle of next week. ok. called them on the 4th to be told its waiting to be processed. right ok, mayby they are busy fair enough. called them again on Tuesday to be told its still waiting to be processed and might be this week or even next week.

At what point do you say enough is enough?

i know what the phrase "processed" means, i used to work in the civil service. it means my file is sitting on someones desk gathering dust waiting for them to punch in details to the computer.

rant over.  

If you can update your profile with your Location it would be helpful.

As to how long ? In Strathclyde where they are all sent to Glasgow Pitt St then it will be 3 months, so wind your neck in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back