Bagging time

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooh there is hope for me yet that I may get from bottom of C to another class in 5 years.  Renewed hope.

Jim, After being informed that I am one of your five, I would like to point out a few facts to you. I have only been shooting for a little over 5 years, and in that time have progressed through C, B, and to the top end of A where I am now. In that time I have had lessons with 4 coaches including Carl Bloxam and Steve Nutbeam. I spend approx £800 a month on shooting, the last class win I had I picked up £27.50 (Prescott) so certainly not in it for the money. In the last year I have shot 61 shoots, winning my class 4 times, So not exactly headline grabbing glory hunting either. Its nice to know that you think I am that good that I could waltz into AA whenever I please. I see that after 30yrs of shooting you are still in A class, is that because you are not trying, or perhaps not as easy as you make out. For anybody that would like to see my scores and see where I have been throwing all those high scores away my cpsa no is, 121061.
As I have said often before, the last part of a grading period will always contain rising stars, who clearly shoot scores belonging to where they are headed soon. With people who have not been shooting that long (and less than 5 years is a short time in Sporting) their scores will genuinely contain ups and downs. I hit my PB a couple of years back, not because the shoot was easy but because the stars aligned and I felt on form, but there were luckily none of my three bogey targets of that time on show.
And Chris, your average is 82.3 so you are RIGHT on the cusp for AA. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim, After being informed that I am one of your five, I would like to point out a few facts to you. I have only been shooting for a little over 5 years, and in that time have progressed through C, B, and to the top end of A where I am now. In that time I have had lessons with 4 coaches including Carl Bloxam and Steve Nutbeam. I spend approx £800 a month on shooting, the last class win I had I picked up £27.50 (Prescott) so certainly not in it for the money. In the last year I have shot 61 shoots, winning my class 4 times, So not exactly headline grabbing glory hunting either. Its nice to know  that you think I am that good that I could waltz into AA whenever I please. I see that after 30yrs of shooting you are still in A class, is that because you are not trying, or perhaps not as easy as you make out. For anybody that would like to see my scores and see where I have been throwing all those high scores away my cpsa no is, 121061.
Chris if you were a fish you would be in my keepnet.Still in a class because i only spend 250 a month, and its not my top five, stop biting

Still in a class because i only spend 250 a month, biting
I can't see the bull, but I can smell the sh*te...your still in class because you're not good enough to go up, at your age no amount of money is going to buy you 'better'...

Whoever said a rest is as good as a change needs a better proverb.

I can't see the bull, but I can smell the sh*te...your still in class because you're not good enough to go up, at your age no amount of money is going to buy you 'better'...
Wise words from a skirt wearing ginger head, shame alex salmond didn't get his way.

Yes Hamster....and the post i was saying 'oh dear' to has now vanished. :wink:

What was it?
Well, you know when somebody says "I am pleased to accommodate and ponder your opinion and am honoured to have heard it; but however I feel I must disagree. I hope and trust you are not offended by this. I respect you as a person for offering a counter-view to my own" ?

Well it was nothing like that.

My aim for this year was to win in C Class
My aim next year will be to win in B Class
I achieved this year and I hope I will next year, I love improving and challenging myself, that is what it is all about for me.
Not bright enough to sandbag, even have to get Will to help me work out my averages....
Don't you work for a major bank Jen?!!xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't you work for a major bank Jen?!!xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote

I do Mark....and my Dad is a maths teacher.....no hope for me....

Will likes working my average out...who am I to deprive him xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris if you were a fish you would be in my keepnet.Still in a class because i only spend 250 a month, and its not my top five, stop biting
Jim, I find it hard not to bite at being called a cheat, especially when its done in such a childish and underhand way. The ironic thing is, if I had of cheated and not handed my card in at St Dials last reg shoot like a lot of people did, I would have probably gone into AA. I don't suppose there will be a letter winging its way to  CPSA HQ about this, a bit close to home.

Well, you know when somebody says "I am pleased to accommodate and ponder your opinion and am honoured to have heard it; but however I feel I must disagree. I hope and trust you are not offended by this. I respect you as a person for offering a counter-view to my own" ?

Well it was nothing like that.
Will, I preferred it how James put it. :nyam:   

Jim, I find it hard not to bite at being called a cheat, especially when its done in such a childish and underhand way. The ironic thing is, if I had of cheated and not handed my card in at St Dials last reg shoot like a lot of people did, I would have probably gone into AA. I don't suppose there will be a letter winging its way to  CPSA HQ about this, a bit close to home.
some would say by biting to this thread it shows guilt. the only pearson saying cheat is you and your st dials score was probably to low to count.

Latest posts

Back