Beretta A400 Extreme Plus

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

General Skanky

Does the magazine have a crimp in the UK, or is the capacity limited by that stick thing?

It can have an extension tube added to make it 8+1 I believe, which could mean that if I also went for my FAC, it ‘might’ be usable for practical shotgun. Maybe. Casual fun not true competitive.

It is essentially a beast version of the 1301 after all. Aware it is not ideal, but budget does kick in eventually, as it also makes a foul weather gun just lovely too for clays.

Thanks for your thoughts in advance.

The 400 extrema and the 1301 use the same tube, part numbers match.

You can just order an fac extrema if you need one no need to swap tubes although they are available as parts and an S2 will be crimped.

Thank you. It’s all just a thought process currently. Aware weight and barrel lengths are different etc. just weighing it all up.

I had an 8+1 franchi affinity which sounded like a good but was a pita , the shift in balance point is huge and once moved to FAC you can’t swap back meaning they are almost worthless

If you decide you want an FAC shotgun , unlike your SGC application, you will have to provide a genuine good reason to own one , and if that reason is practical shotgun , I believe you will have to join a club and serve a period of membership as a probationary member for 6 months , with minimum attendance set , just as you would if you wanted to shoot target rifle . Only after serving the probationary membership would you be allowed to apply for a section 1. Keeping the gun would require ongoing good reason . You’d also need a seperate ammunition safe if you were granted permission for slug loads . A lot of hoops to jump through , for little return if you don’t take to the new discipline , but not impossible .

Ps , when I got my first guns , 5 shot autos and pumps were on SGC , Remmi 870 and 1100 and Browning A5 on pigeons we thought it was great . then they all had to go in for crimping and stamping as 2 shot magazine tubes . I forget why , but it all changed .

Last edited:
If you decide you want an FAC shotgun , unlike your SGC application, you will have to provide a genuine good reason to own one , and if that reason is practical shotgun , I believe you will have to join a club and serve a period of membership as a probationary member for 6 months , with minimum attendance set , just as you would if you wanted to shoot target rifle . Only after serving the probationary membership would you be allowed to apply for a section 1. Keeping the gun would require ongoing good reason . You’d also need a seperate ammunition safe if you were granted permission for slug loads . A lot of hoops to jump through , for little return if you don’t take to the new discipline , but not impossible .

Ps , when I got my first guns , 5 shot autos and pumps were on SGC , Remmi 870 and 1100 and Browning A5 on pigeons we thought it was great . then they all had to go in for crimping and stamping as 2 shot magazine tubes . I forget why , but it all changed .
Yes thank you, know all about the processes etc. like I said just pondering.

A separate ammo safe I didn’t know about ref slugs so thank you for that one.

FAC. Already feels like swimming through glue to get it. 😀

I had an 8+1 franchi affinity which sounded like a good but was a pita , the shift in balance point is huge and once moved to FAC you can’t swap back meaning they are almost worthless
Yes hadn’t considered the huge weight shift with the extension and extra cartridges. There goes my planning for the Apocalypse then…

Back