Beretta DT 11 has arrived!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shot it today, WOW! It has at least half the felt recoil of the DT10! Even Elia Dracchia coach for the ISSF Skeet teams of Bahrain and UAE, said that it was so. He was coaching to 2 members on "Move-Mount & Shoot" with great success after two hours. Going back in two days for 4 months of coaching.

I did some pattern testing on a pond with some members that have now discovered "patterns & shotstring"! The Steelium Pro barrels and Optima HP chokes, shoot tighter patterns. Gun Club patterns terribly while Top Gun shows much better. I also shot AA 2 3/4 dr 7.5 and Federal Paper 8s. The best looking was the Federal Paper. It was an eye openner for the members. Clays were ink balled even with the IC choke way out there. I had to get use to the triggers as they have a bit of creep and are heavier than my DT10L. This week in Budapest, I will have Mario from Beretta Italy take out the creep and bring them down to a crisp 1.5Kg. The weight is in between the hands so it is easy to correct for an erratic target!

They have modified the crossbolt on the DT11. It sticks out a bit on the left and the lever is off center to the right. They have aparently added metal for wear and tear thus increasing longetivity before a replacement crossbolt and service is needed.

After a nice lunch (7 inch sub with rosbeef, cheese and caramilsed onion) with my friend Bruno and some fine private import Leano wine, we were off to shoot the more difficult part of the sporting course. I used the AA and Federal Paper exclusively with some very impressive results even at distance. This thing shoots very well!

Regards,

Henry

Last edited by a moderator:
Good stuff Henry. The triggers are interchangeable with the DT10 so it should be a simple job to adjust them. Bit concerned about your choice of lunch though my friend. I'm surprised you can tell Sprite from Sancerre with that combination!

My friend is a wine agent. The red Italian went fine. The Californian Russian River Valley pinot noir was, ................ very American.

Off to Hungary tonight for the Euro Compak.

Regards,

Henry

I had the opportunity to try DT11's today at Hodnet, 32" Sporter & 30" Trap.

Absolutely wonderful I found the palmswell difficult because I'm a left hander but that's not a real issue obviously suits the majority. Grip was a little thick for small hands but actual shooting machine was brilliant. Soaked up recoil, no muzzle flip, no need to re-adjust, just break clays.

Shot some really distant crossers, battues, and mini's, nothing was a problem. I was very impressed.

Would I buy one?

Yes.

Changed the wee thin pad on my DT11 to a 23mm micro core, ahh, that's better, who would have thought 12mm could make such a difference!?!? Now struggle to fit it in the cabinet.....

On another note, the Optima HP chokes supplied with the DT11's don't have the colour coded ring that the other Optima and Optima HP's have got, they are not the easiest to read either, so I tried colouring the thin smooth ring round the choke with permanent Sharpie fine point pens, looked great, rubs off :( Then I had a brainwave........

6f8d8390.jpg

.......tiny coloured rubber bands, one eBay search, £2.05, and two days later!!!

Genius. I like that solution. Assume that they won't melt on a heavy day of shooting?

I wanted to move the trigger forward on my Perazzi (because it was too light). I was told that a new trigger could be sorted, but for £800!!!!!!!!!!! (Why cant they make it adjustable like on a standard Browning or Beretta.

Anyway, point of this story; I cut a small piece of clear plastic fuel line and slipped it over the trigger. Job done! Shot it for a year before getting the trigger pulls adjusted properly.

Regarding, the DT11, I was in a gunshop today and I asked if they had sold any DT11's. The answer i received was that they had sent them back to GMK as technically they are out of proof.

And they do not want to be liable for prosecution.

If we accept Italian proof then the guns are valid. If the barrels are repaired or modified requiring re-proof then our proof house would fail them.

If we accept Italian proof then the guns are valid. If the barrels are repaired or modified requiring re-proof then our proof house would fail them.
The shop will not accept that as the bore size is almost 11 bore when measured 9" from the breech. Anyone could ask for a full refund as the guns are not to British standards. They have talked to The Proof Master and he is in full agreement

Very true Ed. It's illegal to sell guns that are not to the original stamped measurements, in the case of Italian proof that would be in mm.

Someone will have to change the rules, not ignore them.

None of this would matter a jot if the rules of competition when guns were loaded from the front and people to gain an advantage at target shooting would use bigger and bigger guns so the limits were set at 36gm [ounce and a quarter] and 12 bore [not 8,9,10 or 11bore]. Rules have been changed since to 28gm but the gun had to measure a maximum 12 bore 9" from the breech with some tolerance. But it can't be nearer 11bore any more than you can use an 8bore.

If you don't know why it's a 12 bore - a solid lead ball weighing one twelth of a lb [that's pound] has a diameter of .729". So a square charge was probably an ounce and a quarter.

A square charge has an optimum height of led the same as its diameter.

So someone has to change the rules. :mellow:

This topic about the DT11 proof is a little bit like knitting fog.

Beretta obviously cleared the situation with the CIP before embarking on manufacture and the CIP endorsed Beretta technology. In fact Fabarm with their Tri-Bore may have been the pioneers.

Now the Rules of Proof state that dimensions will be observed and adhered to in Gt. Britain as laid down by the London & Birmingham Proof Houses which quite clearly states that bore will be measured at 9" from the breech face.

Now the sticky part, we acknowledge proof procedure from members of the CIP member nations and therefore because DT11 are in proof in the country of manufacture ( Italy) we allow that. So they are in proof. If you have any modifications carried out which require reproofing (Addition of Teague or other chokes) then to the letter of the law the gun should fail proof.

It is my understanding that this situation will be clarified after a meeting of interested parties.

I believe that the guns currently supplied by Beretta / Gunmark as received from Italy are 'in proof '.

Maybe Perrazi / Krieghoff already have a Barristers briefed? I cannot see Perrazi making waves but what about the USA Krieghoff sponsored team.

Maybe McLaren / Brawn /Bernie Eccleston/ FIA may be called in to adjudicate. :smile: :smile: :smile:

salopain .. u saying beretta may have copied fabarms technology's ?? :.: no wonder they dust lays so well if they are technically a 11bore :.: … but what are the chances of needing it reproofing in the very near future ? minimal … well highly unlikely as its a new gun and multi choked (so aint gonna need it teague'in) .. so enjoy it why u can :p

Is it a copy of the Fabarm? Yes and no! It is like one of the patents that I have: I copied an idea and improved its working component. Now, several manufacturers have copied the general idea of my patent but not all have been succesfull with the results. One does not give out the real secret on how it does things!

Regards,

Henry

Latest posts

Back