Bespoke Stock - Who would you choose

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn’t Ben mention recently that he’s now fitting for and supplying MR stocks?
OP, go find the thread on A Manuel Ricardo stock” makes an interesting read and if you should feel the need for an MR stock, you can be fitted in the UK.

Midland Gun Services for me too. They made me a shock for my K80 where my finger actually reaches the trigger (unlike the off the shelf ones). Cracking work. I'd rather spend my cash keeping a UK gunsmith in business than going overseas - also has the advantage that if it needs any tweaks they are easier to go back to
I also like the idea of being able to go back for a second fitting once I’ve had a chance to shoot the new stock and get any final changes made before it’s oiled.

I also like the idea of being able to go back for a second fitting once I’ve had a chance to shoot the new stock and get any final changes made before it’s oiled.
I think they all do. Infact it's part of the process if you go to Portugal and ones I know of in italy let you shoot it at a ground usually minutes away and make adjustments before the final finish.

The main issue now is taking your gun with you.

I had a few days that came free in the last couple of weeks and thought to myself, I’ll go to gardone and get one done. However, since Brexit it's now a PITA. Before it was dead easy. Gun was on my firearms pass so just a case of booking the flight. The time to process the paperwork now meant I couldn't do it.

Last edited:
Hodnet is 20 minutes up the road. If you arrange to go for your second fit on a Tuesday when they are open you can take the gun and test before finishing. They've also got a pattern plate you can shoot in the basement!

I am an expat retired in France for17+ years. I bought/nicked a second hand slightly used F3 Blaser with 12 and 20 bore barrels for €3,200 in 2018 with the intention of selling it for a small profit as it kicked like a mule.
Trouble was I fell in love. The quality of the engineering was astounding.
So I had a stock made from a walnut blank I was given 20+ years ago in England, by Frederick at the gun shop in Charroux in mid west France for €500 Copied from my B25 and Miroku stocks which fitted me perfectly it featured a Monte Carlo comb with a negative drop and I fitted an ISIS recoil reducer with soft springs and self contoured, leather covered vulcanite pad. A couple of Teague titanium super extended LM chokes and hey presto!
It now has similar recoil to my HW35 springer airgun.
I am a big believer in gun fit once the basics of consistent gun mount have been mastered. It can change everything.
I use it for all disciplines as I am a big believer in one gun, although I have a full cabinet!

Latest posts

Back