Best Ear Protection?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vic,

Don't forget that the damage to your hearing is not just done by the loudness of the noise but the length of the exposure. Industrial noise, especially aircraft engine noise, is continuous whereas the noise from shooting is intermittent. The level of protection required for intermittent noise is a lot less than continuous (industrial) noise.

Mr Potter
A fair point and noise can affect you in another ways too.

When carrying out high power engine ground runs on some jet aircraft you could get a strange,pulsing sensation in your chest caused by the frequency of the noise,that made you feel slightly short of breath.

The higher pitched noise from the intakes of some engines was sometimes more damaging than the deeper but louder roar from the jetpipe exhaust.

Vic.

I have the moulded 'passive' type and being honest not as good as i expected .. great for sporting but as soon as ur under a covered trap stand then u notice it :eek: .. i just can't get on with the normal ear muff type … maybe worth buying some electronic ones or complete block ones for trap

Latest posts

Back