Blaser F3 Super Sport - Fit for Trap?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[SIZE=small]Dear all[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]I am not sure the best place to post this questions and as I am new to the forum, please forgive me if this is in the wrong section.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]I am considering buying a Blaser F3 Super Sport, with the high rib, but changing the wood so it is in the style of a Trap Gun.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]I mainly shoot DTL, occasionally, turning to the Skeet Side.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Does anyone else shoot an F3 Super Sport? Will the above work?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]I have considered the Blaser Super Trap but the Rib is so high, I know I just won’t get on with it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]I’d love to hear from someone who uses the Super Sport for DTL.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Thanks all. Looking forward to hearing from you.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]POL[/SIZE]

I used to use my Blaser Pro for D.T.L. ,Sporting and skeet and found it good for all of these disciplines. I had an adjustable comb on mine and found that it was adaptable to any discipline just by adjusting the comb slightly.

Both Nathan Hales and Nathan Skinner shoot these guns very successfully.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to use my Blaser Pro for D.T.L. ,Sporting and skeet and found it good for all of these disciplines. I had an adjustable comb on mine and found that it was adaptable to any discipline just by adjusting the comb slightly.

Both Nathan Hales and Nathan Skinner shoot these guns very successfully.
Thanks Hotshot. Does yours have the higher rib? I get so confused with the name of the Blaser's. All depending which dealer you speak to, I think some models have two names!!

Is yours a "Trap" or "Sporter". Looking at, and advise given to me already the "Super Sport" could be a hybrid between the both.

Thanks

POL

Thanks Hotshot. Does yours have the higher rib? I get so confused with the name of the Blaser's. All depending which dealer you speak to, I think some models have two names!!

Is yours a "Trap" or "Sporter". Looking at, and advise given to me already the "Super Sport" could be a hybrid between the both.

Thanks

POL
I believe it is. Mine was a Pro Sporter with the normal rib. I sold it about 2 years ago.

They are a nice handling gun and the trigger pulls are excellent. However I was hearing a few horror stories about the length of time repairs were taking as the U.K. importer at the time appeared to have a very limited repair capability. The other issue that I have with them is reliability particularly regarding the stocks which appear to break on a fairly regular basis ( I believe that the last picture I saw of Nathan Hales with his gun it looked as though the hand of the stock was taped up indicating that it may have broken). They also appear to change distributors on a regular basis which is not a good thing long term.

You don't say what you are currently shooting but I think that there are better options out there for £5k plus.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actually very interested in this gun for sporting. Great looking gun,good wood as standard,fully adjustable,German engineered,and for 5k with a 10 year guarantee. Bargain! They won't hold their money like a P or K gun,but who cares about re-sale if you're committed to it long term.

I have a supertrap and use it for sporting. The trap rib is only 5mm higher than the supersport rib, it won't make any difference to you I'd guess. The trap stock is a bit more meaty with a thicker recoil pad and it's lacquered and not oiled. The pistol grip is also a little bit more aggressive.

The stock is very adjustable, and the weight system is superb. You can set the gun up to shoot how you like it. The trigger is like a Jewell trigger. The adjustable rib system is well thought out and well constructed, as well as being easy to setup.

In my experience, there is nothing else out there as good for the money. I've shot p guns and k guns and I wouldn't thank you for them, the blaser barrels are chrome lined so no need to worry when it rains like with a p gun. Also, the trigger unit isn't like a Swiss watch k gun and won't need serviced every year... I'd stick with the blaser any day of the week. I also don't think it will depreciate as suggested.

I could have bought a k or a p gun but didn't. I'd say buy the supertrap, you'll love it!

Latest posts

Back