Browning cynergy

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried a Cynergy yesterday. I have a friend who bought one because he liked the look of it. I was very disappointed to find that it looked to me like it had curved barrels. I rather fancied one as a skeet gun as they are nice and light. My other friend says she finds the same thing with that gun. And of course being synthetic you can't make all the adjustments to the stock I'd need.

On the plus side, if you did fit the gun you'd probably find one going for not much money :)
Hopefully Sharon will get a replacement for it soon....!

I tried a Cynergy yesterday. I have a friend who bought one because he liked the look of it. I was very disappointed to find that it looked to me like it had curved barrels. I rather fancied one as a skeet gun as they are nice and light. My other friend says she finds the same thing with that gun. And of course being synthetic you can't make all the adjustments to the stock I'd need.

On the plus side, if you did fit the gun you'd probably find one going for not much money :)
If the stock is hollow, it can be filled and the Inflex portion removed, so that a regular pad at your correct LOP could be fitted.

Weight added too no doubt.

Or get the Wood stocked one?

Last edited by a moderator:
If the stock is hollow, it can be filled and the Inflex portion removed, so that a regular pad at your correct LOP could be fitted.

Weight added too no doubt.

Or get the Wood stocked one?
You've got a bit cross threaded :biggrin:

He's got a Medlist with a short stock and was thinking about swapping to a Cynergy.

You've got a bit cross threaded :biggrin:

He's got a Medlist with a short stock and was thinking about swapping to a Cynergy.
No, I was referring to Liz saying she fancied one for a Skeet gun, but couldn't see how it could be fitted, being composite. :)

I asked the same question when I joined this forum, glad everyone was honest and told me straight that the cynergy is kak! I liked the composite stock look then once I forced myself to look at other guns I fell in love with wood. (Insert pun here).
It's not that they're no good. It more a case of the balance being a little unorthodox. From a sales point of view they were a flop but that's more to do with their rather extreme looks than anything more fundamental.

Try one and see how you go. Be mindful though that their lack of appeal means part exchange values aren't particularly good. If you get on with it and intend to keep it then go for it.

I need lots of right hand cast. You can't do that with a composite stock can you? 
Its adjustable in the comb and uses spacers IIRC not sure if it can be shimmed like an auto but wither way dont buy one there are wood stocked version with and without the inflex pad but a 725 would be a better buy IMO 

BSG07_013253304.jpg

P9260050.jpg

There is of course the special "match your nails edition"

1379148577DSC_0075_1_.JPG

I asked the same question almost a year ago, with similar results.

I've tried 2  different versions, both with the synthetic stock.

Trial 1 was ok,   L/R shooting rabbits, little recoil and felt nice, but positioning in the shoulder / comb to cheek  wasn't easy for me

Trial 2  was poor, shooting a R/L crosser and Chondell,  missed everyting, and the felt thumpy and unsettled.

My local dealer has one for sale --  £1400 this time last year    £1195 now

I went for a Beretta in the end, for roughly the same price   £1200

:santa:

Its adjustable in the comb and uses spacers IIRC not sure if it can be shimmed like an auto but wither way dont buy one there are wood stocked version with and without the inflex pad but a 725 would be a better buy
The 725 is even more barrel heavy that my 425. I'll stick with my 425 for now, even if it has been deemed "offensive".

Offensive??? I tried a 725 black in the shop and balance felt lovely on 30" what LOP do you need? Have you looked at the Winchester? Hybrid style action but Belgian struck barrels which are lighter I think.

Why is your 425 offensive Liz?
It is cosmetically displeasing to my shooting coach on the grounds that the stock has been cut badly, temporarily altered, temporarily altered again and has a rather makeshift backplate on it with very makeshift recoil pads.

Of course, if Coach wants to buy me a new stock and a visit to that nice Mr Jenkins to get it fitted I'll smile sweetly, say thank you nicely and take such a kind gift :)

It is cosmetically displeasing to my shooting coach on the grounds that the stock has been cut badly, temporarily altered, temporarily altered again and has a rather makeshift backplate on it with very makeshift recoil pads.

Of course, if Coach wants to buy me a new stock and a visit to that nice Mr Jenkins to get it fitted I'll smile sweetly, say thank you nicely and take such a kind gift :)
But does it work for you Liz?

But does it work for you Liz?
It works a heck of a lot better for me than it did for my 14 months of shooting. It moves quite a lot according to Martin Barker, but I don't shoot a lot of trap so it's not an immediate problem for me. I'm changing physically a lot still so I'm not in a position to commit to final works. 

Liz,

If you are just looking for a cheap handy skeet gun which feels light and is low on recoil and cheap to buy, there are plenty of Remmie 1100's about. Our local shop has 2 skeet models in now. They have been used by a lot of very good skeet shooters both here and across the pond, they do their job very well, they are pretty reliable, easy enough to clean and have wood that can be easily altered (although most do not require much alteration). Just find a decent 28 gram 70mm shell that will feed it, without giving it indigestion, job done. I had 2 of them in trap and skeet for many years and they were superb. I just went along the firing points after the squad had finished and picked up my spent cases, just do not do it in the States, they belong to the ground !

I think people get it in thier head that they dont like the modern look and then say they are not good before they have tried one, they will dismiss it after having a shot or two!

If it is adjustable then it will need setting up to fit the individual.

I have a Cynergy and a DT10, I shoot the same with both (not very well with either).... I would rather get rid of the DT10 and keep the cynergy! A mate of mine said the other day keep the DT10 cos its better to miss with a nice gun !!! If you miss with a cheap gun you will blame the gun, at least you can say well I am not bothered as I still have a nice gun !! ha ha Hence he does not like the Cynergy.

I bought it new after having one on trial from browning, I bought the pro sport with the solid stock not the horrible looking one with the HUGE recoil pad.

If it feels unbalanced .... balance it ... simple ha ha 

If you don't like the look or it bothers you what other people think dont buy one.... if you want to try one and you are in the area come try mine sometime.. compare it to the DT10 if you want !! Maybe I am that bad that I cant tell the difference in a good and bad gun!!! 

Latest posts

Back