Wanted Browning Medallist 12 bore Ejectors

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tophat

Good evening ladies and gentlemen,

I'm looking for a bottom barrel ejector for my Browning Medallist 12 Bore, 28 inch barrels.

if anyone has one or both ejectors for sale please let me know, or if someone can point me
in the right direction to acquire one, i would be most grateful.

thank you.

kind regards

Josh

Hi Josh and welcome to the forum.

The Medallist was built in Italy by Sabatti, later known as FIAS. The good news is that spares are probably still available as this model was made in numbers and badged up by other brands such as Rottweil. However, ejector breakages are a very common problem with this gun and the bad news is that spare ejectors are likely to be costly and will require fitting and timing by a gunsmith. I'd guess that the most cost effective solution if you particularly like the gun is probably to buy another Medallist. There are a couple on Guntrader for very little money.

Just be aware that the fittings of ejectors is not a cheap job - they will need the timing adjusting and may also need rimming (to ensure the cartridge sits correctly) - so you might be looking at £200 in total or £150+ if you already have the part. If you still have the bits, laser welding may be an option.

A pal from 20 years ago tried the welding route. It wasn't successful so he had to go to a gunsmith. Even then the new ejector price was over £60 just for the part, but luckily the smith had a 2nd hand one from a Medallist he'd scrapped. It cost about £50 all in but my pal traded the gun soon after.

Thanks for the input guys, I've been in contact with a gunsmith local to me who is going to have a look at it. At the end of the day, what it costs is what it costs, as long as it's done properly.

Thanks again

Back