Disabled shooter in need of some help

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WheelmanMarco

Hello

I’m a wheelchair shooter and have slightly limited use in my forend holding arm. I’m not able to grip the forend fully, so I’m after an alternate way to grip it, I was thinking something like an ‘AR’ rail type vertical grip. I’m struggling to find anything that could be attached (probably by a gun smith) to my forend wood, it’s a Caesar. If anyone has suggestions, please can you let me know. Many years ago I had a shaped grip that was attached to an air rifle I owned, but I no longer have it, and can’t remember what make it was . The photo gives you an idea of what I hold a gun like

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3100.png
    IMG_3100.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 2
A good custom stockmaker should be able to sort something suitable for you,although it will cost.Sure someone will be along with a recommendation for you . Best give an indication of your general location too.
Hth.

Last edited:
Maybe something along these lines? Obviously will need adjusting to fit, but maybe a starting point.
Picture 27 of 41

There is a disabled shooters group who could very likely help you. Quite a few of their members have made alterations to their stock or forends. They have a website, just Google their name.

Last edited:
Great advice above, the air rifle part is called a hamster, with many different shapes & fixing options available.
Good luck on your journey.

Hello

I’m a wheelchair shooter and have slightly limited use in my forend holding arm. I’m not able to grip the forend fully, so I’m after an alternate way to grip it, I was thinking something like an ‘AR’ rail type vertical grip. I’m struggling to find anything that could be attached (probably by a gun smith) to my forend wood, it’s a Caesar. If anyone has suggestions, please can you let me know. Many years ago I had a shaped grip that was attached to an air rifle I owned, but I no longer have it, and can’t remember what make it was . The photo gives you an idea of what I hold a gun like

Thanks
This may sound crazy, but how about changing hands? A friend of mine went from shooting right-handed to shooting left-handed because of cataracts. He has made the transition remarkably successfully and is now doing better than his former right-handed scores. Changing hands would allow you to use your stronger hand to support the fore end. It may not be as daft an idea as it sounds.

This may sound crazy, but how about changing hands? A friend of mine went from shooting right-handed to shooting left-handed because of cataracts. He has made the transition remarkably successfully and is now doing better than his former right-handed scores. Changing hands would allow you to use your stronger hand to support the fore end. It may not be as daft an idea as it sounds.
Hi

My disabilities include being unable to reach the trigger if shooting R handed, I used to shoot right handed before getting the spinal injury and shooting from a wheelchair. I think I’ve found a suitable forend grip that hopefully can be adapted to enable me to grip , I can’t actually rotate my wrist to grip under the forearm of a gun . Thanks for the suggestion though

Back