Electric or rather lack of

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ips

We live in the sticks we have no gas and no sewage therefore everything relies on elec, what happened at 7-30 l;ast night well I will tell you. The ruddy power went off with a huge bang (again) from the pilon thing in the front field. (Last time this happened a few years ago was on xmas day) so there we are in the freezing cold with only candles for light and heat. Couldn't find the emergency camping stove so couldn't even make a brew this morning had to buy breakfast at local pie shop (no it wasn't a pie it was a bacon barm) and get a brew when I go to office. Supposed to be back on at 5-30 tonight , apparently.

Rant over

Ian, get yourself a small generator, I have one in the garage :biggrin: petrol motor that is powerful enough to give you a few lights OR a heater and maybe the oven or microwave, make me an offer... .

Got one pal but it was in our locked yard at the back of the house in the garage were we keep the caravan. Was too dark to find it and the emergency torch hung up at front door didn't work, that's handy I said to mrs ips this torch you recently bought for inevitable power cuts doesn't seem to be very good (I am very polite but meant to say don't buy cheap Shiite again)

Sounds like your electric companies are buying the same cheepazz Chinese transformers that they do here.  We've had more power outages here in NorCal the last 15 years (twice per winter min / once per summer min - guaranteed) than I saw in the previous 50 in SoCal.  I finally bought a little generator.

Can't believe that the transformers are so cheap that tossing them twice a years is cost effective.  But then it doesn't have to be does it?!  Just pass those $ outlays along to the consumer.

just saying ..............

Well that is just brilliant power off wed 7pm back on thurs 5pm just gone off again Fri 5.10pm now in dark with candles lit off to get genny :(

Well that is just brilliant power off wed 7pm back on thurs 5pm just gone off again Fri 5.10pm now in dark with candles lit off to get genny :(
Don't forget to take the torch that doesn't work with you!!   :biggrin:

Hope it comes on by tomorrow or you'll miss the final of Strictly Come Dancing!   :sarcastichand:

Latest posts

Back