Energy drinks

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have ice in me scotch....does that count

Depends on the size of the cube OR cubes. One has to be specific on these matters.  :smile:
ok, about five normal size cubes per glass of about two doubles. What you reckon, is that hydrating me enough ?

Mixing single malt with anything is a heinous crime!
Obviously someone who is not properly versed in whisky drinking a small amount of good soft water is required to bring out the full flavour of malt whisky  but as they say each to their own.

Obviously someone who is not properly versed in whisky drinking a small amount of good soft water is required to bring out the full flavour of malt whisky  but as they say each to their own.
I find mixing it with an equal quantity of the same single malt works best :wink:

Not knocking that philosophy but you will still get better out of it with that few drops of really good Scottish water, especially when you are drinking cask strength , preferably from the same region nay source as the Distillery :)   don't go taking it from the tap though :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ask a cardiologist what they think of the caffiene and taurine laced drinks....

Lucozade or isostar are far better and safer, and they dont screw your heart up....

Nip into Decathalon, they carry isostar and the energy bars etc...   and a lot cheaper than here....
Yeah.  I've mentioned many times here that energy drinks are hypotonic solutions with way too much sugar to let the water be absorbed.  Dilute the stuff by half with water and you're good to go.    Check the label for sugar/portion and be astounded  :eek:

I haven't found red bull to be hypnotic???

I haven't found red bull to be hypnotic???
You are both wrong. The word you were both looking for was Hypertonic! A hypotonic solution contains LESS solute than that in the cell. Although what Charlie is saying makes sense in terms of rehydration that is NOT the reason why you would use an ENERGY drink . The clue is in the words used to describe the desired effect. I did not start a thread on rehydration as I am always fairly well hydrated but I sometimes think I am low on energy and hence asked IF anybody had tried energy drinks . An isotonic would or should be perfect for someone who wants to take a drink that is in perfect harmony with the salts and sugars of the average human physiology though.

Its funny but when I was shooting in the French championship last year I made an observation... all the top shooters ate a chocolate bar or a very sugary sweet about ten minutes before they were going to shoot and they would have a 500ml bottle of water at the shooting stand while the shot their round? Last time I checked the average human body fluids were devoid of caffeine and taurine so the energy drink has to be hypertonic in these.

I am hypnotized or is it traumatized by the whole thing ?

anyway red bull rules ?

anyway red bull rules ?
At one time I would have agreed, but since my heart problems and talking to lots of Health proffessionals, I wont touch any of them.

But if you need a real boost, we were at Lonato a few years back and one of the locals was getting double strength Espresso, putting it and a can of red bull in a pint glass and consuming it all before every line, his pupils were as big as pin heads and he was starting to twitch by the end of the day..... bet he was ready for a sleep after his three weeks awake, in a speed like enduced frenzy.....

The word you were both looking for was Hypertonic!
You're absolutely right.  The massive amounts of sugar are what cause the stomach cramps that  DavidJ mentioned.

People can easily come to believe that "performance enhancers" like a candy bar is really effective.  I would suspect that would be the case if the overall diet was defective and the system was running dry of available sugars.  I've never gotten a buzz off caffeine or sugar but some certainly seem to.  I could do with a cheap high so I'm slightly envious.   :angel:

Do whatever works for you, real or imagined

So set out this morning at about  7 o'clock to shoot my club's 100 FU had a bit of muesli and a cuppa and toast them headed out. Got to the ground and signed in. Shot the first round in crap conditions and managed a 21. Headed back to the car for a cuppa and hey presto ... left all my grub at home! So I had to go all day on water and a few mint sweets. To be honest I shot not bad and finished on a 24. So you have to think that you can get by on even a light breakfast and some sugar and plenty of water?

Latest posts

Back