essex masters

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am only interested in how our philr  did ?

I believe so DT

I shall have words later today.

Best days shooting I've ever had. Shot all 200 in one day and ended up with about 10 mins between course's.  

Could of done with an hour break really but I will no for next year! 

I really enjoyed it , thought the targets  were very good ,  only trouble is I missed fifty  ,   :cry:        first time shooting 200  , old legs  were weary  at the end , at least got a  ride back to base in a  discovery  very nice . !   

I'm going into hibernation absolutely knackered after that see you in a month or so!

28g limit. A guy got a right rollicking for using black gold 35 gr 5's in the team in front of me on a long looper on Red course.

No limit is shown anywhere?!? I shot 34g/5's on a target with little success and my ears didn't get a bashing in fact loads did the same (well they may of had a little more success) !?!

I found 32g 6's in the bin on the red course... Didn't see any bollockings though. 

I haven't seen any rules but a chap in the squad in front of us couldn't hit this tag et so changed to the 35 gr 5's and got told not too.

I would ask first as I have known ref's get things wrong before. However I'm sure most sporting comps are 28g limit.

Would be worth checking to be 100% before getting there and getting a gob full.

Come to think of it, I haven't actually seen anything official saying 28gr limit not applicable but have shot this comp for several years and heard of shooter X using 36g all the way round etc. in fact I've used a box of 32gr 5's the last couple of years and seen several others do so. Even Neville Jay was selling 32gr 5's and 34gr 8's this year so I'm sure there is no limit it's just not clearly advertised.

that said the bigger loads didn't help me, black course stand 12 I think, back out in the field after the embankment, the teal / crow followed by the fast distant l-r midi, I straighted it 2 of the midi with my last two 32gr the other two hit just as well with 28 7.5's

shame I shot the red course terribly but enjoyed each round and the day.

Hi,

On the CPSA website in Booklet No 5 it says the following on page 2-1.

The maximum loads for each discipline are: Domestic Sporting and Trap 28grams (1oz), Olympic Skeet,
Olympic Trap and Double Trap, 24grams, FITASC Sporting 28grams and Helice 36grams. All
competition rules forbid the use of “Black Powder”, “Tracer” and “Reloaded” cartridges. The size of shot
in the cartridge is indicated by a number; for clay target shooting the most commonly used sizes are UK 6,
7, 7½, 8, 9 and 12; six being the largest and twelve the smallest.

Latest posts

Back