Flourescent Shot?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExSCA

ShootClay Admin
Right - I'm getting back into this with a great Friday topic... we discussed flourescent shot before, and most felt it was a bit of a gimmick. So, when a major cartridge manufacturer gets into it - will we start to think differently?

I bring you, for your amusement and delictation - Fiocchi Chemical Tracer ("see where you are missing") - interesting, no?

post-10-0-55154900-1335510772.png

Attachments

• chemical tracer.png
    chemical tracer.png
    952 KB · Views: 0
Well, Fiocchi is a serious manufacturer so if their name is on it, who knows?

Whatever next! I think I need some "clay seeking" shot, I am sure I'm on to a winner with that idea!

Ian

Tracer cartridges have been tried several times over the years. Realistically they are not much help. You can see the direction of the shot but you cannot tell how far away it is. The tracer effectively burns a path in your vision which appears to persist for a while rather like looking at the sun. When used to try and judge the shot pattern placement on a crosser you get a similar illusion as with missed rabbits because your brain has difficulty judgeing the timing of the shot ie. the shot seems to be in front when it was actually behind.The part of the cartidge that the tracer element is placed in chages the effect. Most people try them once and then give up.It is cheaper to look for the shot cloud with a normal cartridge.

Latest posts

Back