Full chokes in a sporter

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Browning68

Hello,

I am quite new to clay pigeon shooting and have a query about chokes.

I have a Browning 525 sporter which so far I have been using for skeet with appropriate chokes.

I would like to know if I can shoot DTL with this sporter with full chokes in.

I am told by some people that I will shoot just fine with this set-up, whilst other say I'm

wasting my time and must get a trap gun.

Could I have the opinion of you experienced shooters out there please.

Thanks, Martyn

You can shoot trap with it. (don't need full chokes. Half and 3/4 is fine.. Not a big issue).

You can make your gun 'trap' by adding a comb raiser. If its just for fun, don't bother. A sporter can shoot anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
i agree with cleverSC3 .. i shot trap with a sporter and did ok .. changed to a trap gun and did worse :mellow: .. put it down to sporter fitting me better .. there is no reason a sporter can't shoot anything as long as u hit them :.: :.:

I've never had a trap gun and always shot DTL with a sporter, never been a problem, it's a bit like the comments on gun fit topic, the brain finds the right sight picture and you adjust to kill the target, it may not be the same picture if you were using a trap gun but its kills that count.

Jonz

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that DTL can be shot with a sporter. It is more to do with what you shoot in the main, sporting or trap. The more you get into trap covering the faster birds on ABT, OT, UT, DT then a trap gun is the way to go. For the local club shoot rather than serious competition, stick to the sporter with 1/2 and 3/4 chokes and enjoy.

Phil

Latest posts

Back