Gunslip for high rib gun?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nowler

Can anyone recommend or point me in the direction or where I can get a gunslip large enough for a high rib trap gun?

Cheers

Derek

Ask your local gunshop if they can get one made. I had a double rifle slip made a few years ago to my exact spec and it was very very reasonable price. Dont know who or were it was made but worth an ask. Cant help with off the peg though

Which make of gun ? Quite sure the Beretta gold cup range will have something in it's range to suit you.

Depends on how high your rib is, my gold e X-trap fitted in a standard slip and Im sure Adams guerini was in a standard width slip at the growler :)

Which make of gun ? Quite sure the Beretta gold cup range will have something in it's range to suit you.

Yeah.  If the rib is really that high, then a take down slip is probably best.  To trappies use a slip at all? 

beretta-gold-cup-takedown-barrel-gun-slip-32-i4fe444d0645a4.jpg

ordered a beretta gold cup one, it looks like it will do the job nicely.  if it doesn't, i'll have to break out the sewing machine..........

Will you hem my pants while your at it

I have a 20mm raised rib on my MK38 and it fits in my Hamilton Gunstand without any issues.
A 20mm, raised rib on an MK38? I didn't know they made a high rib MK38, have you got any pics of that, I would be interested to see it.

Les53,

Miroku have made everything that has been made in shotgun technology. Including the Remington 32 type sliding bolt that locks the barrels shut, copied by the Krouts. Vorsprung der Nippon.

Les53,

Miroku have made everything that has been made in shotgun technology. Including the Remington 32 type sliding bolt that locks the barrels shut, copied by the Krouts. Vorsprung der Nippon.
I remember some of the old 6000/7000 high rib trap guns Pete, but I was not aware that there was an MK38 high rib though. Have you seen one Pete? I tried to bingle it and came up with nothing, only the old 7000/6000 series of high ribs. Maybe it was made for a non UK market, the USA maybe, they really like high ribs for ATA trap. Be nice to see it!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone recommend or point me in the direction or where I can get a gunslip large enough for a high rib trap gun?

Cheers

Derek
A bit late on this one but Have just measured my Beretta HP (high performance range) slip the 127cm one, (also do 143cm length)  inrernal approx. 7" at the butt and 4:1/2" at muzzel. Very strong with reinforced spine. If you have not already bought,worth checking out. Should do most Hi ribs. Bought mine from Out And About on ebay.  

My MK38 with high rib (20mm) as requested. It is held on by magnets so I can swap it between this gun and my semi auto. I have to say it does not move at all once in place.

mk38-1.jpg

mk38-2.jpg

mk38-3.jpg

It actually looks rather nice I think! It looks sort of American, if you know what I mean, nice wood too! Thanks for showing it.

Latest posts

Back