Guntrader

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obviously Guntrader is finished. I looked at Gunstar, their site blows guntrader out of the water. Arrogance when you are in business is a terminal disease!

Just checked gun trader they have 1538 live private adds at £15 per month alone. They are raking it in and yet will not answer e.mails or phone calls.
I had no idea of their pricing on selling stuff, but I have bought bits of guntrader in the past. 15 quid per month per ad is insane: we have similar (albeit smaller) sites at my end of the channel and most are free to advertise for private individuals, with a small fee to the site in case of sale.

I had no idea of their pricing on selling stuff, but I have bought bits of guntrader in the past. 15 quid per month per ad is insane: we have similar (albeit smaller) sites at my end of the channel and most are free to advertise for private individuals, with a small fee to the site in case of sale.
I think it was something like £15.40 for one month on a shotgun private sale the last time I used it. Then it went on wrong and was basically useless. Those guys are laughing at us shooters all the way to the bank

I think it was something like £15.40 for one month on a shotgun private sale the last time I used it. Then it went on wrong and was basically useless. Those guys are laughing at us shooters all the way to the bank
I sold a Mauser . 223 two weeks ago via a GunTrader ad , I think it was £8.50 for a month . My issue with it is twice I’ve needed to ring someone about issues and no one answers the phone , no one returns a message . I’ve put another gun on last week and had a couple of calls about it . However once listed to find the gun you have to wade through numerous variations depending how the headline has been filled in . So one model could have 10 descriptions for the same gun in the drop down menu , then ponderous filter systems . I wonder how many people just give up .

I used it as it’s virtually impossible to get a RFD to buy a gun from you , unless it’s something special . One RFD told me that he’s got slow moving stock due to delays in licensing and sec 1 variations , and even if he did buy it from me , I’d be insulted by the price !

Urrggh. Private ads with no location. There's a couple on there I'd be interested in but have no location. I'm not going to bother enquire about just in case they are 100"s of miles away. Even a town/ city name as in the past would give an approx location. Their loss I guess.

Urrggh. Private ads with no location. There's a couple on there I'd be interested in but have no location. I'm not going to bother enquire about just in case they are 100"s of miles away. Even a town/ city name as in the past would give an approx location. Their loss I guess.
I agree , silly not to put on a location . It’s easy enough for the seller to add one in the item description , in fact I’m amazed that sellers don’t put much more information about the guns in the ads , the free text box could take a novel . Also it costs nothing to include as many photos as you want . It would also be really useful if you could search by so many miles radius like you can with Auto Trader .

I agree , silly not to put on a location . It’s easy enough for the seller to add one in the item description , in fact I’m amazed that sellers don’t put much more information about the guns in the ads , the free text box could take a novel . Also it costs nothing to include as many photos as you want . It would also be really useful if you could search by so many miles radius like you can with Auto Trader .
You can search by distance.
Choose the type of gun you are looking for, then hit "filter" and right at the bottom you enter your postcode, then select a radius, and then you can sort by distance.

Attachments

• IMG_4821.png
    IMG_4821.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Back