Hello from Berlin!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uwe

I just want to introduce myself shortly,I am 51 years old,male and my brother and me run a company in 

Berlin who deals with repairing machine tools.I started clay shooting last spring with killing one clay out of 50. :cry:

Rome wasn`t built in one day I said to myself.After taking some lessons I got better but I am still a beginner.

For christmas I bought myself a Beretta white onyx sporting which I could not try out yet because of extremly 

bad weather here in Berlin.

One question bothers me now,what chokes should I use as a beginner for the first and the second shot?

Thank you very much for your reply in advance.

Regards from Berlin

Uwe :)

post-1388-0-42632000-1358099351.jpg

Attachments

• P1000821.JPG
    P1000821.JPG
    189 KB · Views: 0
If you are a beginner and shooting fairly close targets, start with the most open ones. Perhaps cylinder and skeet? Or skeet and 1/4? Don't worry too much though. They make very little difference at this stage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much for this quick reply.The targets we shoot at are in a distance of about 90 feet ,25m.

That is the distance where I should kill the bird my instructor said.

That will be fine. Experiment if you like, but you will mainly find that the look of the break will change. You may get a bit more recoil with tighter chokes too.

Tighter chokes after 6 months maybe..

Enjoy..

Welcome alone Uwe - enjoy ShootClay.

It would be good to hear about the licensing process you need to follow in Germany to get shooting?

Hi Uwe and welcome - enjoy the site :)

would be interesting to hear about the clay shooting you have in Germany

Hi Uwe, Welcome to the forum  :)  I'm also a beginner and have to agree with CleverCS3, nice open chokes to start with; I started with Cylinder & 1/4 and due to shooting registered shoots which are involving greater distances I have moved to 1/4 & 1/2 and don't intend to mess with this anymore  :huh:  (Having said that I am expecting delivery of a pair of Muller U1 & U2 chokes this coming week but I will really stop messing after that).

Key to the sport is ENJOY  :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Uwe - welcome to the forum.

I have been to Berlin quite a few times, shooting Practical Pistol Matches organised by Bund Deutscher Sportschutzen.

I look forward to your contributions on this forum.

Welcome alone Uwe - enjoy ShootClay.

It would be good to hear about the licensing process you need to follow in Germany to get shooting?
First of all you have to be a member of a rifle club.After 6 month of training you have to pass a test with a lot of questions and very little shooting.

This test is quite difficult but not impossible.After passing the test you have to wait another 6 month to apply for a weapons license.

Now the police checks everything about you even if you crossed red traffic lights to make shure you are a good guy.

If everything goes well and with assistance of your rifle club you can now apply for two weapons,in my case it was a Ruger Mark 2 pistol and a CZ Brünner Sport2.

You can only get one weapon for each disciplin let us say 25m pistol target shooting.You are not allowed to buy more than 2 weapons in 6 month.That is it roughly.

I would also like to mention that politicians in Germany can apply for a license without any theoretical or practical experience and they do get it,They are even allowed to carry the gun permanently while you are only allowed to bring it to the shooting range.

Keep well

Uwe

Hi Uwe - welcome to the forum.

I have been to Berlin quite a few times, shooting Practical Pistol Matches organised by Bund Deutscher Sportschutzen.

I look forward to your contributions on this forum.
If you are in Berlin again let me know.If my time allows it I will show you the places which are of interest to you.

Keep well

Uwe

Latest posts

Back