Hello from Wokingham

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chas

Hello everyone

I live in Wokingham work in Pangbourne

I have just started shooting again after a 10 year break and am enjoying every minute of it. Shooting at 3 counties in hook and a small club called happy valley in Wokingham. I used to be a member of 4 counties and intend to go back after a little more practice.

Can any one recommend a good cheap shoot in the area, no competition needed

Just wanted to mention I am enjoying reading the forums :)

Hi

It's a pet rant of mine. Wokingham Reading area is a huge population. Absolutely no decent shoots in the area. Probably a few straw balers, but that's not my bag. Big opportunity for a new shoot!

Try Flightline at Burchetts green near maidenhead.

CSC3

Hi, You've got Bisley not too far from you. Worth a visit

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks CleverSC3, in my youth I didn’t really notice it as travelled up and down the country, now I have a child I am a little more time and travel restricted I am struggling to find somewhere where the birds aren’t so close and constantly on report, I have read on here about flightline is it any good what kind of birds can I expect. I have recently had a gift of a lesson at the royal Berkshire shooting school. I’m hoping that will give me so long birds to have a good at.

Hi Sue how are you? I was just thinking and talking about you the other day. I actually said I doubt they will remember me, it is so nice that you have. I have every intention of coming back and even joining again just need a bit more practise to get me back on par. Will see you soon xx

Hi Maxum how you doing?

Thanks apox21 I have done their Long Siberia a few times and loved it, just is a bit of a journey but a good treat

Hi,

RBSS will be great. If you get back in to it enough, don't miss their classic handicap event in the new year. Unfortunately they don't do regular clay shoots otherwise.

Flightline is a bit varied. Haven't been there for a while, but frankly it was not special.

EJ Churchill have a 100 esp registered shoot (which you can do as a practice) first Thursday of each month. £32 birds only.

There is a 60 bird shoot at Paley St. near Maidenhead, first Sat of each month, which is quite good, not too tough or set distant though..

Thanks for the info will keep on going and will eventually win the lottery, finding a good place to shoot won't be a problem then. Until then Berkshire shoots will just have to do!

Latest posts

Back