Hi from Simon @ Surrey Clays

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanGogh76

Hi,

We're a new shooting ground setup in Guildford, Surrey catering towards the Novice / Intermediate shooters, where we offer a relaxed and unhurried shooting experience.

We currently have 5 stands available offering a variety of birds featuring, battue, midi's and standard and are looking to potentially expand to another dedicated coaching stand.

We are able to sell cartridges and hire out equipment to non certificate holders (you will be required to go through a safety briefing on all hires).

****IMPORTANT NOTE**** We're a fibre wad only ground (If you wish to pre order a bulk amount of cartridges this is fine, but we will need at least 48 hours notice.

Car parking is provided in a couple of locations and dependent on the weather. With the main attraction of free teas and coffee provided during the day!

Prices are as follows:

£15 - 50 Birds (Adults)
£10 - 50 Birds (Juniors under 16)
£6 - Per box of 25 12g FIBRE WAD cartridges
£6.50 - Per box of 25 20g FIBRE WAD cartridges
£10 - Shotgun Hire (If required)

We have a website http://www.surreyclays.co.uk and a Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/SurreyClays for more information about shooting dates and some of the  photo's from our shoots.

Hi Simon,

You should put the shoot on the member map, it's a great tool for looking for anyone looking for shoots in certain areas.

Thanks everyone, we have only been going a short while but already have a great core of people who turn up to our shoots (have even converted one of our rifle lads to a fully fledged SGC holder)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Simon,

You should put the shoot on the member map, it's a great tool for looking for anyone looking for shoots in certain areas.

Sounds like a great plan. How does one do this?

Thanks everyone, we have only been going a short while but already have a great core of people who turn up to our shoots (have even converted one of our rifle lads to a fully fledged SGC holder)

Hi Simon,

Good luck with it.

You might want to bear in mind that you are situated in a fantastic catchment area if you ever decide to expand and do registered shoots. Nothing for 20 miles eastbound of you and much further in other directions. Could be a winner..

Hi Simon, Good Luck with the new venture. Details are already in my contacts and when travelling around we will definitely give you a visit  :D

I will be speaking with CPSA next week and will be a full trade member shortly and will also be looking into getting affiliated membership as well soon, watch this space!

Hi Simon,

Will look forward to popping down soon with my other half who is just learning to shoot.

Out of interest what are the guns you have available for hire?  I have my own but will need to hire one for the other half.

Cheers,

Jon.

Hi Jon,

It all depends on the day, we normally have about half a dozen 12g and at least 1 20g (I am lucky to be on very good terms with my local RFD - Bookham Guns http://www.bookhamguns.co.uk - who supplies me with a selection) If there is something specific then give me a shout beforehand and I will see what I can get

Hi Simon,

Will look forward to popping down soon with my other half who is just learning to shoot.

Out of interest what are the guns you have available for hire?  I have my own but will need to hire one for the other half.

Cheers,

Jon.
Make that 2 x 20g now...

Hi Simon

Welcome, I work for the CPSA so if there is anything I can help you with give me a shout either here or at [email protected]

Affiliated Membership costs £80 per annum and you need to have ground insurance and a CPSA Qualified Safety Officer but as a new ground you can send someone on a Safety Officers Course free of charge (normally £99) so let me know if you want me to e-mail the form to you.

As an affiliated ground you would also be covered by our new Legal Expenses scheme which will help you in the event of a noise complaint which is arguably the biggest risk to a ground's existence!

Anyway, good luck with your new venture .

Cheers

Richard

Hi Simon

Welcome, I work for the CPSA so if there is anything I can help you with give me a shout either here or at [email protected]

Affiliated Membership costs £80 per annum and you need to have ground insurance and a CPSA Qualified Safety Officer but as a new ground you can send someone on a Safety Officers Course free of charge (normally £99) so let me know if you want me to e-mail the form to you.

As an affiliated ground you would also be covered by our new Legal Expenses scheme which will help you in the event of a noise complaint which is arguably the biggest risk to a ground's existence!

Anyway, good luck with your new venture .

Cheers

Richard
Thanks Richard, I'd like to take you up on that, I have insurance already but would like the affiliation. If you're around on Saturday it would be good to meet up.

Latest posts

Back