Kiss My 'arris.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VicW

Two hillbillies walk into a restaurant. While having a bite to eat, they talk

about their moonshine operation.

Suddenly, a woman at a nearby table, who is eating a sandwich, begins to cough.

After a minute or so, it becomes apparent that she is in real distress.

One of the hillbillies looks at her and says, Kin ya swallar?'

The woman shakes her head.

Then he asks, 'Kin ya breathe?'

The woman begins to turn blue, and shakes her head.

The hillbilly walks over to the woman, lifts up her dress, yanks down her

drawers, and quickly gives her right butt cheek a lick with his

tongue.

The woman is so shocked that she has a violent spasm, and the obstruction flies out of her mouth.

As she begins to breathe again, the hillbilly walks slowly back to his table.

His partner says, 'Ya know, I'd heerd of that there 'Hind Lick Maneuver' but I ain't niver seed nobody do it!'

Vic.

Old but gold!!

Out of interest, it's no longer taught as the heimlich manoeuvre , as too many Americans were trying to sue the descendents when it was used and damage was caused by EMT's.

It is now the abdominal thrust manoeuvre !!!!!

Mike

Old but gold!!

Out of interest, it's no longer taught as the heimlich manoeuvre , as too many Americans were trying to sue the descendents when it was used and damage was caused by EMT's.

Mike
Gotta luv the Yanks  :fie:

DT

Old but gold!!

Mike
On my last first aid course we were not allowed to use it.

Interestingly on my last first aid refresher thingie only 6 weeks ago we were once again shown this method and indeed had to perform it to get our certificate. Our instructor chap stated that this thing about being sued for breaking ribs etc whilst doing it is an urban myth, apparently one woman tried to sue a bloke many years ago who broke a rib whilst saving her life but the judge threw it out of court and nothing since has happened.

PS

Sian just realised something, if your course was specific for children then the whole first aid course is different and you are correct it is not to be used on children only adults. (apparently)

Thought so. My instructor eluded to it being a different course. Mine was first aid at work or summat.

Of course it's easy with small kids.

You just hold them upside down by their ankles and shake them.  :biggrin:

With kids, just threaten to take their mobile phone off them. The shock of that is bound to do the trick :)

Wouldn't recommend trying the alternative Heimlick method on kids though!!

DT

Latest posts

Back