License

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markyy2

Hi guys, i'm after some advice regarding gun licenses. As i am 16 i can not legally keep my own shotgun. So can i apply for a licence under my name and keep it at a relatives who has a full licence?

cheers

Marcus

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you can apply until you're eighteen. You can have a gun gifted to you by a licence holder though and it has to be stored by them.

you can apply for a sgc at any age you can not buy a gun until you are eighteen,you can have a gun on your license that is gifted to you,i would say that it would be ok for it to be kept at another house.the best thing to do is ask the fao when he/she does the first visit as I think you may be able to keep it at your home subject to normal security rules.also I believe at sixteen you are able to go shooting as long as you are with an adult and they do not need to have a cert of their own.as far as I recall this was the position when my grandson got his cert.  

I would suggest obtaining the paperwork for a SGC from you local police stn, and have a chat to the local FEO,  he /she will advise you on what the law states,

For info check out the link,

please note this if for info only,   its up to you how you interprit  what you read ;)

http://www.gundealer.net/rules.htm

Mart

Ps welcome to the forum :)

Latest posts

Back