log burner, its the future

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ips

just finished installing a log burner. Bloody brilliant, room is flipping boiling. Was quoted £3k for full install, did it myself for £1.3k.

excuse the state of the wall we are artexing it at weekend.

eze has found a new spot on MY side of recliner next to the fire.

WP_20170209_18_53_37_Pro.jpg

Artex??? think the 1970's just called....

nice burner  :wink:

Can you legally install a log burner yourself? I was going to put one in last winter but was advised it need to be installed by a "professional" and signed off.

you can do it yourself as far as my research showed. Technically its sposed to be signed off but

The flue looks a bit on the piss.
cheeky git, I can assure you it is plumb level its camera trickery ?

http://www.stovefittersmanual.co.uk/articles/can-i-fit-my-own-wood-burning-stove/ 

yep, but I think you will need to get the installation checked by HEATAS engineer for the purposes of house insurance...
is that just if you install in existing chimney I wonder. Mine is out the wall twin wall stack thing

you can do it yourself as far as my research showed. Technically its sposed to be signed off but

cheeky git, I can assure you it is plumb level its camera trickery ?

is that just if you install in existing chimney I wonder. Mine is out the wall twin wall stack thing
don't know? best to contact HEATAS...

You are supposed to get in touch with your local building control dept. when completed and they will inspect and sign it off,   it also mutters about planning for an external flu, depending on front or back of house......

Print a ticket of some sort .....     pretend you no spek  Ze Eeeengleeese if they come moaning.......

Artex??? think the 1970's just called....

nice burner  :wink:
in my defence its a bad wall and I cant be arsed to replaster it hence artex ?

You are supposed to get in touch with your local building control dept. when completed and they will inspect and sign it off,   it also mutters about planning for an external flu, depending on front or back of house......

Print a ticket of some sort .....     pretend you no spek  Ze Eeeengleeese if they come moaning.......
were like you Andy were deep in the sticks. I could build a new house and no one would know ?

Artex.. isn't that like admitting to like Burgundy and Semi Auto's. Really surprised  it"s not on one of your lists.

We are slowly eradicating all traces.

ARTEX Ian!...............I spent the 80's putting this sh*t on ceilings (and some walls) with my dear Dad. He was 6' 7" and brushing it on, I followed behind on a Corona crate with me stipple brush.

Dads now gone and I'm on me own skimming em with Multifinish!

Caravan & Malt..........FOC?

Do your dog's eyes always glow in the dark like that? Does the installation of a log burner automatically confer this superpower on domestic animals?

Do your dog's eyes always glow in the dark like that? Does the installation of a log burner automatically confer this superpower on domestic animals?
haven't noticed before so yes it must do ? ?

We burn two wood stoves down here in France a cooker in the kitchen chucking out 10.5Kw at full whack and a lovely big stove in the lounge  turning out 14.5Kw when on full whack! I will burn almost any wood but the two favourites are well seasoned oak and Hornbeam called Charme down here, if you get offered some take it with both hands great burning wood, which is actually the best stuff but it burns very hot and fast so you need to control the fire well.  Can burn up to 10 cubic metres (stere)  of wood per year I buy 12 stere per year so I have a surplus it comes in metre lengths which I cut into one 500mm and two 250mm for the kitchen cooker €50 per stere.

WP_20170303_15_21_12_Pro.jpgeze likes the log burner

WP_20170303_15_13_19_Pro.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back