Major or not?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard59

It seems the "season is over" whatever that means in an outdoor pursuit shot in all weathers, Im oft seeing a shoot, now this only refers to English Sporting described as being a "major", now me, Im of the humble and own opinion that the only "majors" are the CPSA English Open, CPSA British Open and the home Bi-Annual CPSA NSCA Worlds.is there any others that warrant being called a "major championship"?? In not including the Home International as that's a closed shop affair.

I think your right Rich. The only majors are as stated.
The others are just "big" shoots. Some are decent. Mainly the ones with sponsored prizes to inflate the value. Some are just trumped up registered shoots with enhanced entry fees.
To be honest the majors have lost their magic recently .
The other big shoots seem to think they can charge what they want because they consider themselves to be a major . Couple that with a broken classification system and there's very seldom any reason to waste money on any of them.

Yep it might be but it's not a major. It a good "big" shoot.
Tennis for example has 4 majors. French , Australian and US opens and Wimbledon. And it also has lots of very good big tournaments. Which are not majors.

What’s the appeal of majors? Just interested, is it the prestige of coming somewhere in them?
To me if the shoot has has excellent targets and venue, prize money is good and extensive and I supported by a trade area and great facilities then personally I couldn’t care less if it’s a major or not.

Latest posts

Back