Miroku mk38 Trap

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to get a 30" but Brierley recommended a 32". I'm just concerned I'm going to be overgunned as I'm not the most burley!
Don't be concerend about that because 32s only add about 50gms to the 30" gun. Ed's point is that your physique isn't relevant when choosing barrel length, although there is an oft repeated myth that smaller people should shoot shorter guns.

Personally I find a 32" Beretta much more lively than a 28" Browning, and everything just seems clearer and simpler looking down a 32" barrel after years with 30s.

I'd recommend at least handling both and if possible shooting them before deciding.

p.s. I'm with Salopian on the porting thing.

Robo and Fuzrat,

Why do you use the trap rather than a sporting?

I am currently torn between guns and am looking for some advise.

The trap versions (generally) shoot higher and some folks like it that way for sporting. You'd need to try for yourself as it's a personal choice and you might not like it.

I have an MK38 Trap for trap - I tried it at sporting but I can't get on with a high-shooting gun for sporting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Toby has it in a nutshell, I like to see a bit of rib and for teal balance it on the bead rather than blot it out :) Horses for courses i suppose. Trap versions also tend to be higher in the comb, not a problem for me as mines adjustable, but most sporter stocks all I get is a close up view of the back of the top lever :)

Thanks.

I suppose it also matters a huge amount how one would mount the gun.

Personally I think a comb that is slightly high is better than low. If its to low for me it makes me lift my head to see some rib and thats never a good thing :(

Personally I think a comb that is slightly high is better than low. If its to low for me it makes me lift my head to see some rib and thats never a good thing :(

Yep ... I'm with you on that Fuzz

Well i'm looking for another gun and I think I may of found it in the Miroku mk38 so i'm off to try one tomorrow

Ian

there is a mk 38 . 32" trap gun with ajustable stock and teague chokes for sale on the hereford and worcs cpsa website .

ive just got a mk38 32" with teague chokes and its a grade 5 only shot once with it so far and wow it feels so nice and swings well so no looking back for me :D

Ported Guns should be banned!

;-)
i use to shoot with someone who had a ported miroku .. think was a 3800 but can't remember exactly .. it sounded like an howitzer going off and use to breath fire as soon as the light dropped a bit :) ….but he bought it S/H , paid next to nothing for it and was a great gun ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back