new gun trouble

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newby62

On my trial lessons 6off i was shooting a 28" barrel silver pigeon i did well my best 16/25 doubles and 20/25 singles so i got my own gun a 686e 30" now cannot hit more than 23/50 doubles 16/25 singles i love the gun how long does it take to adapt to different gun should i back for lessons with my new gun to see if i am not holding correct

different gun's handle differently, might fit you differently and might need different sight picture's. Ask your instructor for their advice.

Wouldn't be overly concerned at the moment, you're bound to miss a few extra when going solo and not having an instructor correcting your mistakes after every shot.

Get yourself out a few more times with the gun and if doesnt improve go back and see the instructor

Both Guns as stock are the same, unless the instructer had it modified or his was a Field version which I doubt. Your gun has 2" longer barrels that is the only difference.

As apox21 says give it a while to get used to the gun and enjoy using it,building your confidence in breaking clays.

Chiefy

Have a lesson or two using your own gun. This will help to reduce anxiety and increase your confidence in both the gun and your ability.

Woodcock.

As the others said, no two guns will ever feel exactly the same. Have a word with your coach, I'm sure he will sort it for you. :wink:

Latest posts

Back