New Registered Sporting Ground in the Midlands!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Lovatt

OMG - yes, here we go again!! Steve gets his wish of a ground in his 'old stomping ground'.

We have secured an arrangement with Jamie Garland of Garlands in Edingale that from August of this year we will be hosting 1 registered sporting shoot a month on their grounds. We are really excited!!

We will be using our own traps and equipment, Garlands are just providing the ground!! For those of you that don't know the place, it used to be a huge draw for shooters, full facilities there including a gun shop and clothing which we hope to have open on shoot days. A big car park, easy access off main trunk routes - couldn't be better! We will be updating their grounds and clubhouse area so it will look and feel fantastic (not that it doesn't already but as it's not hosted registered sporting shoots before there is a little bit of tidying up etc to do).

First shoot is scheduled for 19th August 2012.

All being well we will also running Skeet and DTL layouts too so could potentially combine disciplines for an all round day of shooting. We will keep you posted on how things go.

If anyone is interested in reffing please let me know - I don't think anyone of our normal squad will be interested in travelling :huh:

Obviously we won't be stopping any of our other grounds, for us this just completes our strategy of 3 Sunday Registered shoots at different locations in the Central Region.

Steve and Ally :)

Monopolies commission will be after you mate!

Good luck, best wishes.

What you need to do is stick a shoot in the approx area of Reading / Wokingham in Berkshire. I reckon this must be the most highly populated are without a registered shoot in the South - or anywhere in fact.

CSC3

It is a shame someone in Essex doesn't do the same. I would love to shoot a few registered shoots but driving for hours each way doesn't really appeal.

Steve

Nice to see you will be putting better targets on near me, don't know if the massses will like it! you are near to shugborough you know :)

Oh that will be the seven'th ground under an hour from me :D

Best wishes

Nick

kool .well done guys. will give this a go. less than an hour from me .. all good.

good to see garlands back on the map .. well done steve

It is a shame someone in Essex doesn't do the same. I would love to shoot a few registered shoots but driving for hours each way doesn't really appeal.
where in essex are u ?? dartford is just over the bridge

OMG - yes, here we go again!! Steve gets his wish of a ground in his 'old stomping ground'.

We have secured an arrangement with Jamie Garland of Garlands in Edingale that from August of this year we will be hosting 1 registered sporting shoot a month on their grounds. We are really excited!!

We will be using our own traps and equipment, Garlands are just providing the ground!! For those of you that don't know the place, it used to be a huge draw for shooters, full facilities there including a gun shop and clothing which we hope to have open on shoot days. A big car park, easy access off main trunk routes - couldn't be better! We will be updating their grounds and clubhouse area so it will look and feel fantastic (not that it doesn't already but as it's not hosted registered sporting shoots before there is a little bit of tidying up etc to do).

First shoot is scheduled for 19th August 2012.

All being well we will also running Skeet and DTL layouts too so could potentially combine disciplines for an all round day of shooting. We will keep you posted on how things go.

If anyone is interested in reffing please let me know - I don't think anyone of our normal squad will be interested in travelling :huh:

Obviously we won't be stopping any of our other grounds, for us this just completes our strategy of 3 Sunday Registered shoots at different locations in the Central Region.

Steve and Ally :)
Hi Steve,

Garlands used to be THE trap shooting ground in the Midlands when Bob Garland was running it, unfortunatley it is now a very rundown sad looking place. However if someone were to put on some UT or ABT comps. that WOULD be GOOD news.! after all the layouts are already there just needs the place brightening up. Not convinced there is any shortage of sporting shoots in this area though. Suppose its all a numbers/ profit game a bit like Asda/Tesco etc. Allen ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone going to Garlands wants to try out sme Cheddite Universal Traps please let me know as I have a few thousand at home so it's no hassle to load up ow ever many slabs are required. £40/slab for 28g 7.5 shot.

Latest posts

Back