Newbie on board

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philpot

Hello all, thought I would just introduce myself. I live in North Lincs and with my wife shoot mainly Beverley CTC although after a 5 year lay off we are just finding our feet again armed with new guns and a new club as our old club, Ancolm Valley, has closed down during our non shooting period. I have had one or two people ask why did we stop shooting, well we were flooded during 2007 with major work needed to refurbish the cottage and whilst fully covered by insurance, we just lost heart in shooting.On a recent visit to High Lodge in one of their superb holiday lodges that we love so much, I was temped to have a go on the clays---------- HOOKED AGAIN. We called in Derek Lee's gunshop on the way home and bought gun No1 within a few weeks called in again whilst passing, bought gun No2 for my wife Trish.It's good to be back and the people at Beverley CTC have made us really welcome./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif Best regardsPhil

Welcome aboard Phil - one of a growing number of Lincs based shooters on ShootClay. Hope you enjoy your stay here, any questions - please let me know!

Hello to you /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

thanks, Vic sent me a couple on another site and I think my nearest CPSA is going to be Orston?I'll be living East of Boston, Kirton area. If you've got any thoughts always appreciated?Where in south lincs are you? (I don't want to steal this threadmaybethread, maybe I should start another?)

MeMeMe said:

thanks, Vic sent me a couple on another site and I think my nearest CPSA is going to be Orston?I'll be living East of Boston, Kirton area. If you've got any thoughts always appreciated?Where in south lincs are you? (I don't want to steal this threadmaybethread, maybe I should start another?)
 I'm near Billingborough only about 15 miles from where you will be. Grimsthorpe is probably your nearest CPSA ground although Orston which Vic mentioned has great facilities and variety of disciplines. There are a number of club shoots nearby including, Glen Bank at Aslackby and one at Sibsey, Boston which is the nearest to you which I've only just found out about called Fen Clay Club, they have a web site.As mentioned give us a shout when you are settled in.S

I'm also a fairly regular visitor to Lincs - my Mum lives there. Was going to meet with Vic and Stuart last time I was there...but fog beat us. So hopefully we'll meet there in the future.

Lets... I'll be there by Xmas and settled in? That's the better halfs job, already booked in for a shoot between Xmas and New Year! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

woody said:

I'm about to drive to North Lincs this weekend. Barrow Upon Humber in fact. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------You will be about 5mins from me, I live in Goxhill. We are proberbly going to Beverley on Sat to shoot and if I am not out sea fishing on the kayak on Sunday, we may pop to the local shoot at Barrow/Barton main road. I'm not to sure if they are shooting this Sunday or next at the local ground.If you want to email me your phone No to [email protected] and I will give you a bell if you are bringing the gun with you.Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
philpot said:

woody said:
I'm about to drive to North Lincs this weekend. Barrow Upon Humber in fact. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------You will be about 5mins from me, I live in Goxhill. We are proberbly going to Beverley on Sat to shoot and if I am not out sea fishing on the kayak on Sunday, we may pop to the local shoot at Barrow/Barton main road. I'm not to sure if they are shooting this Sunday or next at the local ground.If you want to email me your phone No to
mailto:[email protected][email protected]
mailto:[email protected]and I will give you a bell if you are bringing the gun with you.Phil
Thanks for the offer Phil.  I shot this with my cousin and his regular shooting chums. It was a bit wet and wild out there when we shot but I did not disgrace myself.  Straighted a couple of stands which was nice. I was top score out of our group, and I think I one it by being the only one that times the crosser on the nodding donkey (on report with the rabbit) to be at its highest point when i called pull.  Gave you so much more time on that bird.

Hi WoodyGlad you enjoyed the shoot. We did not even get the guns out this weekend because Sat at BeverleyCTC did'nthappen due to other little tasks that needed to be done and on Sunday we just went for a walk by the sea, when we got back, very cold, a warm fire and a film called out loud so we stayed in. I know, what a whimp!!!Phil

Back