Noob Again - Lead

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have mentioned your website 19 times until now. The word "book" occures 68 times in your posts if I counted right.

Amen the guys a clown and preaches lies and fairytales
…..but you just cannot help but joust with him - give him his rod back bud.

You are not too far from me and I would happily pay for your services, but this ‘to and fro’ is really concerning and puts me and surely others off.

🤞

…..but you just cannot help but joust with him - give him his rod back bud.

You are not too far from me and I would happily pay for your services, but this ‘to and fro’ is really concerning and puts me and surely others off.

🤞
It’s good fun for me as it is for you. I’ll entertain him and if I get 5 mins I’ll reply

Oh blimey - here we go again...

Admins please delete my account, when I try to do it, it says I don't have permission!!!

Come on guys. Many of you have bought the "Reading Targets" and "Unit Lead" books. Up to now only two of you have been good enough to e mail me, comment and voice an honest opinion. I look forward to your feedback. Please don't be shy, let us all know if the books have helped? I can take it. Thank you.

Sometimes, someone with a long involvement in this industry comes up with a new concept that actually works. But you still need to read the books, inwardly digest the logic, then practice.

Come on guys. Many of you have bought the "Reading Targets" and "Unit Lead" books. Up to now only two of you have been good enough to e mail me, comment and voice an honest opinion. I look forward to your feedback. Please don't be shy, let us all know if the books have helped? I can take it. Thank you.
I just ordered your book and have no problem with you recommending it in the forum.

Thanks Dave. Please let me know if you have any questions. I sent several free copies of Reading Targets to shooters in the UK ($18 shipping per copy) on the understanding that they would put an honest review on here. Up to now they have not done that.

Thanks Dave. Some said they would put a review on here but up to now, nothing. I guess it's a "secret weapon" thing?

send me a free copy and i will review it honestly am secretary of a clay club with some 100 members so far if asked about a book i suggest move mount shoot by john bidwell.
Also own my own shooting related business being an RFD.

Right I did say I would review the book but have resisted until now because I didn't want to get into a extended debate with border gun, I appreciate being sent the book free but I was quite happy to pay him for it, having read it I don't think it says anything new for an experienced shot but a beginner might find it useful to get the idea of lead. I'm not going to comment further as I said above I don't want to get into an involved debate, and again thanks for the book

Shotgun shooters go to great lengths to make sure they have a gun that fits and they can mount it correctly. Having said that, the main thing that all shooters struggle with is applying the correct amount of lead to targets......and that isn't just beginners. Without that knowledge, you will miss. As an example, "Paul", (who I believe is an experienced shot) said in a recent e mail to me, quote:- "I shot at Northampton recently and your advice on looping targets and "boxing" them had me hitting a lot more," Thank you. But then he declined my request to put that testimonial on here for some reason, so I will.

I wrote the two books because most coaches can't explain lead in logical terms. In my opinion "Focus hard on the leading edge of the target and the magic of your subconscious will tell you where to put the gun" isn't a satisfactory explanation for the amount needed.

The books explain a logical way (based on trigonometry and ballistic science) to eliminate that problem and they are the only two books out there that will do that. They have sold close to 15,000 copies (Worldwide) and even though they were first published many years ago, their popularity is still gathering momentum in the shooting World. I will leave it to you to decide why.

FSKent. The books were originally available in the UK but now they are very expensive. 56 GBP for The Unit Lead system plus 10 GBP shipping and handling from Amazon. UK Because of that, I received e mails from shooters over there enquiring about the availability and I have made both the books available for electronic download at about 8 GBP each. I am always available to answer questions here:- www.peteblakeley.com

Freddypip. You are correct. For competition shotgunning, the window of opportunity is infinitely better with a diminishing lead shot and there is an article that explains why here:- www.peteblakeley.com The books will not take into account the fact that if you vary your shooting method ie. swing through, pull away etc. that will also vary your perceived lead requirement. But the books will help to build a repertoire of sight pictures very quickly just as they did with current 18 year old World Helice Champion Kazim Muhammad.

Back