Perazzi multi choke barrels

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walter

Several people have commented that it would be better ordering fixed choked barrels on a new gun from Perazzi and having them Teagued , suggesting the Perazzi mult-choked barrels are heavy
What's the difference having them choked elsewhere ?
If you order multi choke barrels from Perazzi are the barrels thicker and so heavier to accommodate the process ?

Cheers

Several people have commented that it would be better ordering fixed choked barrels on a new gun from Perazzi and having them Teagued , suggesting the Perazzi mult-choked barrels are heavy
If you order multi choke barrels from Perazzi are the barrels thicker and so heavier to accommodate the process ?

Cheers
I send mine to Teague to get done,they make a great job. Think it was around £700 or so

Cheers
I would ask Perazzi. Maybe you could get several barrels with different weights.

I think it’s down to personal choice I ordered my Perazzi with fixed chokes 1/2 & 3/4, subsequently had the 3/4 taken out to 1/2 ready for steel but to be honest couldn’t tell the difference shooting it.
Multi v fixed v Teague is a bit like the springs, the connoisseurs say leaf springs are better but I couldn’t differentiate from coil springs.
Some like the extra weight up front of multi chokes some don’t.
Best to try out options if you can.

Cheers
That is my understanding, having spoken with at least 5 different dealers- each had slightly different opinions on the whole process- one of the few constants was not one recommended getting multi choke done at factory- I went for 1/2 & 1/2 which is what usually shoot but will most likely Teague at some point but need to get it first !

That is my understanding, having spoken with at least 5 different dealers- each had slightly different opinions on the whole process- one of the few constants was not one recommended getting multi choke done at factory- I went for 1/2 & 1/2 which is what usually shoot but will most likely Teague at some point but need to get it first !
So the question is, why not get it choked at the factory , what is the disadvantage??

HP steel cartridges seem to be suggesting ¼ now not ½ weirdly, maybe it’s because the early HP cartridges with dissolving wads blew up guns despite the manufactures denying it but then releasing V2… (mentioning no names, but not Hull)

So the question is, why not get it choked at the factory , what is the disadvantage??
If memory serves me correctly factory fitted chokes also have the slight fluting ( I may be wrong on this) as I have on my MK38 and the thin wall chokes are more aesthetically pleasing to me. Also at that point in time it was more expensive if done by Perazzi but it is quite simple for me to get it to Teague, which will not be the same for everyone.

Latest posts

Back