Perazzi mxs

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Insert obligatory description of action lock up, ejector operation and liberal use of trunion and cocking rods, there's something that just feels right about ( insert gun make )" thats when the fight started "
only variation of absolute praise was for the CG in this department. Don't know how they upset him... modern materials..who needs em!

going on holiday a long way a way now......

Well I will say that I am encouraged by the comments on this thread.i would like to try a mxs but would not wish to buy new so with the ammount of perazzi faithfulls who would not be seen with one it should make the second hand value nice and low.

Well I will say that I am encouraged by the comments on this thread.i would like to try a mxs but would not wish to buy new so with the ammount of perazzi faithfulls who would not be seen with one it should make the second hand value nice and low.
Aye but to become a second hand bargain someone has to buy a new one first !!

DT

My only minor criticism concerns the comb height which for me is a little higher than ideal but I'm really nitpicking here as either a custom or adjustable comb version would solve that problem. 

PS. I hope he's not reading this, cos he might be tempted to bloody pinch half of them then we're double screwed. :.:  :.:
Looking at the first paragraph of the perazzi test in the new pull mag.I think he has seen this.

I hope this doesn't upset anyone but that gun looks very cheap, just don't like the look of the barrel side walls and as for describing it as their biggest bargain  :startle:    :shocked:   ! 

MXS looks like an update on the MX3, MX5 and MX7 series, with the rounded monobloc. Still a lot of MX3s about and still a sort after gun.

They where quick and lively to shoot and were very reliable.

MX3 had the drop out trigger and was considered a budget MX8 it looks like the MXS is a budget MX12 and is built more for sporting.

If Perazzi gets the stocks fit right and puts a decent bit of wood on them they might sell well.

I hope this doesn't upset anyone but that gun looks very cheap, just don't like the look of the barrel side walls and as for describing it as their biggest bargain :startle: :shocked: !
agreed,

but i didn't say it

just saying

Well I'm a big fan of the mx8 having had three of them, but this new gun really does not look the business as far as I'm concerned! I cannot comment on how it feels because I've not handled or shot one, but on looks alone it is not even in the same league as the other Perazzi's.

Looking at the first paragraph of the perazzi test in the new pull mag.I think he has seen this.
Haha, he definitely read this thread!

Thought the "MXS" lettering on the action would get a mention in the review. Its a pretty distinctive feature

Yes I really missed the bit where he simply gets on with the job of smashing targets. :declare:

While I would prefer the Perazzi MXS to be discreetly applied if this gun can improve my scores I dont care whats written on it.

However, I do agree that Perazzi dont need to shout; a discreet logo would have been classier, and bearing in mind many of us dont want to lose kudos or indeed  money on any gun I am unsure that the aesthetics are right for such a high end manufacturer.

I would love to try an MXS and make up my mind purely on scores/kills

Loving the "Gun Review Bingo"*

*Bingo can also be substituted for another "B" word

Hi Shooters,

I shot my MXS for the first time last Saturday.........I love it.......I did six rounds of skeet with the 32 in. barrels, adjustable chokes and adjustable comb, using Rio 1 oz. shells. I thought the gun was going to be to heavy for a 72 year old, but once I started shooting I never gave it another thought. Shot my best scores with this gun first time out with it. Looking forward to trying it on the trap range next. Mine has the silver receiver. I never gave thought to how it looked as I was breaking clays. It feels tight and smooth with little kick. Trigger pull is light and right for me. I own four Beretta's which I still love, but this gun stole my heart. I don't understand all the talk about this gun being a low budget gun etc. I am not a wealthy person so I had to work two jobs to get the funds to purchase this MXS. In my life I will never be able to buy another gun this expensive.....So glad I did. So those who don't like it's looks are missing out because it shoots fantastic. When other shooters came up to me and said they never saw me shoot so good, it was all worth it. To each his own......Thank You Perazzi

Lou Bahrman

Good for you Lou. As you say they all look the same when you are looking down the rib and the results speak for themselves.

It's still a Perazzi and certainly is no 'budget gun' but I guess we Brits are just a little more reserved when it comes to loud graphics  :)

Enjoy and sod everyone else.

DT

WOW 6 PAGES OF WHAT EXACTLY?

Buy a semi auto then you don't have to worry about what the gun says about you, or if it is a cheap option entry level , no one even looks in your direction !!!

Hi Shooters,

I shot my MXS for the first time last Saturday.........I love it.......I did six rounds of skeet with the 32 in. barrels, adjustable chokes and adjustable comb, using Rio 1 oz. shells. I thought the gun was going to be to heavy for a 72 year old, but once I started shooting I never gave it another thought. Shot my best scores with this gun first time out with it. Looking forward to trying it on the trap range next. Mine has the silver receiver. I never gave thought to how it looked as I was breaking clays. It feels tight and smooth with little kick. Trigger pull is light and right for me. I own four Beretta's which I still love, but this gun stole my heart. I don't understand all the talk about this gun being a low budget gun etc. I am not a wealthy person so I had to work two jobs to get the funds to purchase this MXS. In my life I will never be able to buy another gun this expensive.....So glad I did. So those who don't like it's looks are missing out because it shoots fantastic. When other shooters came up to me and said they never saw me shoot so good, it was all worth it. To each his own......Thank You Perazzi

Lou Bahrman
Well done Lou.....you get out there and enjoy the gun! If you like it, well that's all the matters mate!

Latest posts

Back