proper northern

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ips

Dont know why but this morning I came over all working class northern and suggested mrs ips call for a chippy tea on her way home from work. Not had chips from a chippy for ages. I am going to don my flat cap and hob nail boots and even use the crappy wooden fork that you get.

if anyone is interested (and the competition is who knows what it is) I will be partaking in the following gastronomic delight. (Deliberately written in lancashire speak)

chips, babis yed, pey wet and a barm

Dont know why but this morning I came over all working class northern and suggested mrs ips call for a chippy tea on her way home from work. Not had chips from a chippy for ages. I am going to don my flat cap and hob nail boots and even use the crappy wooden fork that you get.

if anyone is interested (and the competition is who knows what it is) I will be partaking in the following gastronomic delight. (Deliberately written in lancashire speak)

chips, babis yed, pey wet and a barm
Gibberish!! Are you becoming deranged?  Did they teach you to speak like that in school?

"Come darn sarf and speek proper like what we all does!" (Just leave you whippets and pigeons and black pudding at home!)

It took me ages to find out what "mithering" meant (pre-bingle) I kept asking and asking and nobody would tell me. It turned out I was "mithering" them for an answer. Work that out??

Bloody Northerners!!   :sarcastic:

School ?

whats school, my excuse for one of them was sposed to be a catholic secondary however it was more of a borstal for god botherers kids, even the odd occasion I graced them with my reluctant presence they taught me bugger all. Bunch of ruddy hooligans and psychopaths and the pupils were bloody worse.

Did you used to live "int' middle of road in a cardbord box?"   :spiteful:   

Nay lad we couldnt afford luxury, its dorset were you get fancy dwelings like cardboard boxes.

Eeee! You 'ad it tuff lad!  :biggrin:
aye lad we had it tough all reet, not like you southern jessies with your electricary and running water and them fancy indoor bogs.

Double post

Last edited by a moderator:
Ips,

You are asking for a steak pie with mushy peas with gravy and a bun with floury top.

Ips,

You are asking for a steak pie with mushy peas with gravy and a bun with floury top.
I now have an image of Ips in a flowery top, perhaps with a frilly collar and mother of pearl buttons?

Do you all have to dress up like this for dinner up north?  :sarcastic: Nowt' so queer as folk?

You must have northern blood lass, spot on.

Mrs ips just rang to say working a bit later so be 6.30 before I get my culinary delight. You just can't rely on northern lasses :)

I now have an image of Ips in a flowery top, perhaps with a frilly collar and mother of pearl buttons? Do you all have to dress up like this for dinner up north?  :sarcastic: Nowt' so queer as folk?
ooh er mrs

you should see my night time attire TD

I have no northern blood in me at all.

Culinary delight? I wouldn't put slop like that down for my dog! Yuk!  :sarcastic:

Ruddy southern jessie, you be saying you dont fancy tripe next.

School ?
whats school, my excuse for one of them was sposed to be a catholic secondary however it was more of a borstal for god botherers kids, even the odd occasion I graced them with my reluctant presence they taught me bugger all. Bunch of ruddy hooligans and psychopaths and the pupils were bloody worse.
Sounds like luxury to me our headmaster didn't make it to the second year he got stabbed by a pupil in the first year. Living the dream in the CRONX or Croydon as you might know it.

" thats when the fight started "

The thought makes me feel very ill. I bet it tastes offal?  :biggrin:

You may have to bring your own food down here Ips. You won't find anything you are familiar with in Dorset, or you'll end up with Bournemouth Belly or Purbeck Potty syndrome. 

Sounds like luxury to me our headmaster didn't make it to the second year he got stabbed by a pupil in the first year. Living the dream in the CRONX or Croydon as you might know it. " thats when the fight started "
ruddy ell.

our teachers got beat up regular by the hooligan element but dont recal a stabbing so you win :)

Latest posts

Back