Random question re.bib numbers.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perazman

Evening all,

The only majors I've shot have thankfully been dry but I'm wondering what the form is regarding bib numbers if it's raining?

I wear a waterproof Musto clay shooting jacket in the rain and there's no way I'm sticking pins in it! Wearing my vest over the top of it isn't really an option.

What do others do in that situation?

Thanks

PM.

If its a fairly thin material, I use Athletes Performance race number magnets from e bay. Do the job and cheap.

If its a fairly thin material, I use Athletes Performance race number magnets from e bay. Do the job and cheap.
Thanks, I'll look into those. It had never occured to me how athletes attach their numbers safely.

My coat is lined so may be too think.

PM.

Thankyou for the suggestions. I'll try the magnets. Failing that I have a thin pack away waterproof which I could wear with my mesh vest on top but I find that too hot/sweaty in summer even up north!

PM.

I have seen competitors with their bib number on their leg thus avoiding having to make holes in their jacket

I always wear my vest over the top of any clothing summer or winter as it stops coats bunching up leading to a miss mount 👍
I do this or if it's not too heavy just take your coat off to shoot and then pop it straight back on again for in-between stands over your vest and bib number.

Other option I can think off is to pin the bib number hanging down over the back of your legs from the inside of the bottom of your jacket.

I do this or if it's not too heavy just take your coat off to shoot and then pop it straight back on again for in-between stands over your vest and bib number.

Other option I can think off is to pin the bib number hanging down over the back of your legs from the inside of the bottom of your jacket.
I've ordered a very thin packaway waterproof which arrived today. The plan is to wear that with my mesh vest on top.

I could just throw a coat on top then take it off to shoot but I could get a good soaking on the sportrap!

All good suggestions though. Thanks very much.

PM.

I've ordered a very thin packaway waterproof which arrived today. The plan is to wear that with my mesh vest on top.

I could just throw a coat on top then take it off to shoot but I could get a good soaking on the sportrap!

All good suggestions though. Thanks very much.

PM.
Do you mind me asking which pack away you went with.

I have 2 very thin but waterproof and windproof jackets, 1 a zip up and 1 over your head. Both from Mizuno and I got them from a company called SportShoes.com Very cheap in the sale, £80+ reduced to £20. Easy to roll up and carry it in my shooting bag or back of car. Hope this helps!

Just a Regatta. I wanted something cheap and cheerful I could stash in my bag and forget about. Ordinarily I'd wear my Musto when it's wet and bib numbers aren't being worn.

PM.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240830_202244_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240830_202244_Samsung Internet.jpg
    486.1 KB · Views: 0
Thankyou for the suggestions. I'll try the magnets. Failing that I have a thin pack away waterproof which I could wear with my mesh vest on top but I find that too hot/sweaty in summer even up north!

PM.
I am having the exact same problem, I have an excellent thin Rohan jacket, which is totally windproof, but only 'showerproof '. I do not do heat, leading almost to a total collapse at a recent shoot. 45 minutes in my car with the air con on before I could even get out of the car. I have resolved the issue by taking 3 or 4 tops with me. Just get wet and change the top for a dry one, as and when. There are some excellent thin, waterproof walking jackets, which are good in winter. But in summer, just too warm. If its going to be in the 19° plus temperatures, I just stay at home.

One of my best purchases was Musto Evolution GTX Shore Jacket. What a mouthful. You can find them on some decent discounts.

It's quite lightweight and very good in the rain. It is not as breathable and as Westley says it can get a bit warm.

I have found cycling jacket are often good - zips under the arms are worth looking our for.

Back