Red Ring Shotgun Sights

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dougie23 … could try an easy hit bead http://www.easyhit.c...CFRIjfAodlBo1NA if u are having probs … I've got left eye dominance , tried an easy hit but couldn't get on with it … found it too bright and off putting .. but are a lot cheaper and a fair few use them. Coaching as mentioned is better spent

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve got one you can try and then you can make your own mind up.

An engineer friend reckons there’s a couple of million gone into developing and tooling up for this so presumably a well thought out idea a bit like ABS, traction control, stability control, parking sensors, SatNav, automatic transmission, handsfree, etc. A good driver doesn’t need them but how many people drive with, rather than without?

You’ll get a few looks if you turn up at the clay ground with one and most are curious and want to have a go. Though some people may use them all the time it is a great training aid and perhaps the next best thing to a coach when your coach isn’t around; though your coach might not agree!

Didn’t know it was banned in competition though! An unfair advantage perhaps?

I'm in West Yorkshire – nearest Sporting is Park Lodge near Snaith.

Wtf?

The whole point of clay shooting is that the gun is not pointing at the target when you shoot (on any decent target) so how the heck does a device that draws a ring around the clay help?

I do concede that it could be very useful for tin cans on a wall however. Or am I missing something? No pun intended..

I’ve got one you can try and then you can make your own mind up.

An engineer friend reckons there’s a couple of million gone into developing and tooling up for this so presumably a well thought out idea a bit like ABS, traction control, stability control, parking sensors, SatNav, automatic transmission, handsfree, etc. A good driver doesn’t need them but how many people drive with, rather than without?

You’ll get a few looks if you turn up at the clay ground with one and most are curious and want to have a go. Though some people may use them all the time it is a great training aid and perhaps the next best thing to a coach when your coach isn’t around; though your coach might not agree!

Didn’t know it was banned in competition though! An unfair advantage perhaps?

I'm in West Yorkshire – nearest Sporting is Park Lodge near Snaith.
Have you got brown eyes?

In my opinion just another gimick for those who are looking for a quick fix in getting to the top! There is no quick way to shooting well it takes time, determination, the will to win and money. We had the hi viz beads a few years back and now this! Maybe it would be a great aid for driven ground game but for clays.......pleeeeeeassssse! ;-)

Wtf?

The whole point of clay shooting is that the gun is not pointing at the target when you shoot (on any decent target) so how the heck does a device that draws a ring around the clay help?
Boy, it gets very emotional in here doesn't it?

From my limited experience ( I can feel some abuse coming my way already, c'est la vie). Anyway, as I was saying, I recollect some guy by the name of Churchill advocated no lead in that the speed of the swing through gave sufficient lead that no lead was discernible. So, swing your ring fast enough and you get the lead. It's also great for sustained lead on Skeet and swing through on DTL.

At the end of the day, opinions on the 'ring thing' are going to fall into 3 camps. Those that have tried it and see the benefits, those that have tried it and see no benefit and the philistines. Just to be provocative of course!

You should meet Clever - no emotions there. He's a clay killing robot.

Not emotional, honest. Just incredulous. The theory about seeing no leeed is just cobblers, certainly on a decent sporting course. You might achieve it with skeet I suppose..

Boy, it gets very emotional in here doesn't it?

From my limited experience ( I can feel some abuse coming my way already, c'est la vie). Anyway, as I was saying, I recollect some guy by the name of Churchill advocated no lead in that the speed of the swing through gave sufficient lead that no lead was discernible. So, swing your ring fast enough and you get the lead. It's also great for sustained lead on Skeet and swing through on DTL.

At the end of the day, opinions on the 'ring thing' are going to fall into 3 camps. Those that have tried it and see the benefits, those that have tried it and see no benefit and the philistines. Just to be provocative of course!
Swing through on DTL???? Man you are on a wind up right? I shot DTL for 1 year solid managed a 100ex 297 and South Of England Champion at our very own home of shooting Bisley Gun Club, Never once did I use a swing through???

Your idea works fine if you shoot everything of the trap arm but try doing that and being consistant? Impossible! The only thing these are good for is driven hunting.

I do not see what the benefits are? For 600 quid it is going to gain you how many clays and help you by how much? Is it an American gizzmo???

I would say spend the 600 quid on a good coach or some extra shells.

Glen.

Spot on for use with slugs on boar I would think but not a lot of cop for owt else.

Reading the website it says "Another advantage of using the Redring® is that it also is an effective rangefinder. The size of the ring on the target equals the shot diame­ter/burst at 20 meters (65 feet). This gives the shooter an instant indication if the target is within shooting range or if it’s too far away for a sure shot. When the ring looks right, pull the trigger. It surely improves the hit rate and reduces the risk of injuring the game."

Surely at 60 meters with a breneke you would have to hold over so far the barrels will be covering the target? or is it adjustable for zero?

Coupla million? The first couple of hundred quid should have told them what they need for shotguns is a rectangle with 5 inch increment horizontal reticule and a handy laser rangefinder built in. :.: :.:

Ill sell you a custom made bog roll with hand finished paintwork for £300. Guaranteed to get you to the top of your game in record time!

Red ring .......can get any body one for about £6.95 it's trade name is chicken phal with rice and a few pappadoms to taste :oops: :eek: :yell:

if anyone wants the same thing on the cheap, tape a choke tube to the end of the top rib and shoot when the clay is in the hole.

clynt and i have seen it tried and tested :)

Latest posts

Back