S/G's in Kent

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teepee1234

Calling all Kentish shooters;

I have a friend who lives in Chatham and wants to have a go at clay shooting.  I've offered to take her to a ground not far from home, so I need the info guys, please.

It needs to be open on a Saturday, allow newbies to shoot with a SGC holder, and to be quite informal preferably.  I have guns and carts, just need a pay as you play type place.

I'd welcome any ideas.  Oh, and ESP stands please - I'd like to enjoy it too!

http://www.jjscsc.co.uk/

If you call John or his son Mark, they should be able to accommodate you.  Good place for beginners too.

To the right of stand one, behind the "Booth" they have a practice stand, used by the coaches that has a couple of straight forward targets on.  Most traps are A/B/Pair on the button.

It is right next to Blue Water shopping centre, so she might take you shopping afterwards!

If you come up the A2 as you would from Chatham, come off at Bluewater/Bean exit, go over the bridge and stay in the right hand lane.

At the next roundabout, you will see the road that goes into Bluewater, take the exit after that.  At the bottom of the hill, turn left.

Look for the white gate on the left after about 200 yards...turn up there.

Drive up through the woods till you get scared....then relax as it opens out and the club is on the right.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.jjscsc.co.uk/

If you call John or his son Mark, they should be able to accommodate you.  Good place for beginners too.

To the right of stand one, behind the "Booth" they have a practice stand, used by the coaches that has a couple of straight forward targets on.  Most traps are A/B/Pair on the button.

It is right next to Blue Water shopping centre, so she might take you shopping afterwards!

If you come up the A2 as you would from Chatham, come off at Bluewater/Bean exit, go over the bridge and stay in the right hand lane.

At the next roundabout, you will see the road that goes into Bluewater, take the exit after that.  At the bottom of the hill, turn left.

Look for the white gate on the left after about 200 yards...turn up there.

Drive up through the woods till you get scared....then relax as it opens out and the club is on the right.

This!

Can I please suggest that you consider which gun/cartridge combination you intend to use. If your guns fit you, they are unlikely to fit the Lady and please use the lightest load possible. Better still ask if they do a 'have a go' package. A lot of grounds do, at a very reasonable price, (£25/30 for 25 cartridges and clays) and with a Qualified Instructor. Get it wrong now and it may be the last time she will ever want to see a gun. 

Try Dartford shooting club, right next door to the Dartford Crossing got a beginners stand under cover and lots of space. JJ's's can be very busy on a Saturday, Dartford not so bad cos of the amount of disciplines available. Or Hawley near Dartford but once again can be busy with stag do's etc.

MM

I'm not convinced you can take a newbie round and let them shoot on someone else's SGC at Greenfields.

and add to that West Kent Shooting School isn't open on weekends thats the reason I've never shot there!

Willow Farm between Tenterden and Appledore?  They definitely have a section 11 and don't seem to have a problem with beginners if accompanied.  15 quid for 70 clays for ladies on a Saturday.

I shot a few at Willow Farm on Saturday morning after reading this thread. Nice little ground, the lack of automated traps means you get a trapper which was a free way to get an experienced observer to sort out my aim? Well recommended but a hell of a drive from Chatham.

I was there on Saturday morning as well.  Never have a trapper as there are always at least two of us when I go there. I just have to try to work out why I'm missing them by myself.  Took me a while on the long teal on Stand 6 - only hit one of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back