scotland

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
batten down the hatches Ips you are in for a rough ride according to the weather man.

Hope you have your passport. You'll need it for crossing the Norwegian border. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Where are you in Scotland exactly. Or should that be where are at the moment :unsure:

Thought I recognised the view but cant see any campsites on googleearth

DT

What a wonderful view that is Ian! A wee gust of wind to get rid of the beasties and you southerners are bleating :)   Scotland is a wonderful place to holiday. When the weather is right there are places on the north west coast that rival the most exotic locations in the world... problem is these occasions when the weather is right only occur on an hourly basis every now and then... but even in rough weather it is still a beautiful part of the world. Get your wet weather gear on and get out there and get some good fresh air in your lungs... while the midges are under cover :)

I have just returned from three weeks in the majesty of half a dozen of America's national parks... the scenery and weather there in was fantastic some of it breath taking ( literally when you take into account the climbing and trekking) but every American I spoke to who had been to Scotland thought it was a fantastic place midges, wind and rain!

By the way the weather in the south of France at the moment is fantastic :)

Where are you in Scotland exactly. Or should that be where are at the moment :unsure:

Thought I recognised the view but cant see any campsites on googleearth

DT
DT

started Moffat then killin then 12m north of Oban the pic was taken at dalacushie (or summat) caravan site. Not on sat pics as only open three years ago, the lock is loch ceran. Now back at Moffat after a very tiring four hour drive, wind had slackened from 50mph last night so made a dash for it. Hissing down again.

DT

started Moffat then killin then 12m north of Oban the pic was taken at dalacushie (or summat) caravan site. Not on sat pics as only open three years ago, the lock is loch ceran. Now back at Moffat after a very tiring four hour drive, wind had slackened from 50mph last night so made a dash for it. Hissing down again.
That is LOCH... imagine you are clearing your throat slightly, not a thick sticky one that is going to rip the sole off some poor sod's shoe just a light hack :) at the end of word

Last edited by a moderator:
Shame about the weather this week. That part of the country is spectacularly nice if the weather plays ball.  

Carppy weather can happen anywhere.. got a bit wet in Florida a few weeks ago and only just dodged a hurracane.

home now. Feel like I have been driving all week. Not doing this touring about job again, book it, pitch up, stay for week. Cumbria as usual next time, similar scenery and much much closer.

home now. Feel like I have been driving all week. Not doing this touring about job again, book it, pitch up, stay for week. Cumbria as usual next time, similar scenery and much much closer.
I am not one for camping or caravans actually but I would really like to tour Canada in a huge Winnebago with all the mod cons of course.

sian

we had a motorhome a few years ago and found that you tend to stay one r two nights then move on which means you end up driving all of your hols this is partly why we went back to a caravan as I no longer enjoy driving in fact I ruddy hate it. Two and half hours is my usual max these days which is why I haven't competed much this year.

Canada in an RV is probably a whole different experience to doing similar on busy rubbish uk roads though. ?

I have slightly more hair than that I will have you know ?

otherwise a true likeness ?

ps

I saw one of your lot in a shop in Oban buying some tartan stuff, born again punk maybe. ?

DIRECTORY OF TERMS

your lot - an American person

punk - lover of very loud three chord rock music of the seventies (not low life scum as is the American use, unless you were at my borstal I mean school in the seventies as they were mainly low life so dual usage of punk in that instance can be used)

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

No Americans or punks were harmed during this post.

Limey punk is some of the greatest music EVER !!  I love it and have a pile of CD's.

My lot comes in more varieties than even your lot.  Relating me to some of them would be insulting beyond forgiveness.  I'm sure you understand.  :drinks:

Latest posts

Back