Shoot reports and news 2024

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two good days of shooting.

The Hodnet challenge @ West Midlands shooting ground was absolutely amazing, the ground itself was immaculate and the targets were even better, something worth putting in the diary for next year.

I shot a 108/120, I shot it better than expected, I haven’t been there for nearly 10 years. It was won on 116/120 (amazing score) by Tom Youngs from Scotland.

Secondly, was the The Jack Pyke at Sporting targets.

I found it more enjoyable than previous years, the targets were still close, fatigue got the better of me after Hodnet, dropping some early, then having to straight the last few stands (the more difficult stands) to come anywhere close. I dropped 6 on the last 3 stands, but already dropping 4 early ones which was fatal.

I finished on 109/120, it was won on 114/120 by Martin Warmsley.

English Open Supersporting this week at Barbury.

Hope you all had a good weekend.
Absolutely agree about the Hodnet Challenge. It was one of the best shoots ever. Fantastic variety of targets and a very scenic ground. Liked the idea of having a supersporting stand every so often, again adding to the variety. Finished on 93 just out of the prizes in my class, if only!!!!
Have shot competitions there one or twice a year for at least the last 30 years and it’s always excellent.

A beautiful day up here in gods country but my usual partners are otherwise engaged with other things. 100 sporting with my new mate Dexter (one of the kids paid to trap). A really nice steady round. Still plenty of misses that were simple inconsistency of holdvpoint/method but an 83 which I’m happy with. And I’m especially happy because my 80+ returns are becoming regular now so I need to get practicing to try to teach 90 😳.

"I then shot 100 straight at Hangman’s Stone registered today."

That is the stuff of dreams and a serious well done.

Not just that but having looked at your website you're only just out of nappies so there is more to come !!!

Latest posts

Back