Shoot reports and news 2024

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s nearly always a great round at East of England thanks to John Lee’s course setting. You always seem to get something different and not the same old same old you’ve seen before.
I had two really bad stands, one I can blame on my poor shooting the other the rabbit stand where I was unlucky with every one jumping but that’s rabbit stands for you.😀

Well this is a slow moving thread compared with years gone by, after a summer plus not shooting went to Coleys reg today, not too warm and thankfully the threatening cloud or three that looked full of some wet stuff didn't deliver. Hit a few, some surprisingly well but as before missed some (er too many) that I was (more than) capable of hitting and yes missed plenty that were on the day a bit too much for my current skill set. First three stands were steady enough, well for most, St4 ( I think ) a simultaneous pair of left to right off a raised platform caught most of the squad out, think being a 5 pair stand it was a bit a tough ask for any below AA, had a wobble on a couple of targets (St6) shooting down in the valley, in hindsight the first a right to left I could have tried to shoot earlier, hey ho lesson learnt (I hope) St9 had a rather "big" midi that I was pleased to find, reality kicked in as then missed two rather getable gentle loopers in St10, overall though a mix of being rusty / off the pace and, what can only be described as a bit poor in too many places managed to shoot ones age, on a positive if such form continues will be in A class in fifteen years time.

Might not leave it 7 months until next registered venture.

Chalk Farm yesterday, usual firm but enjoyable round in lovely weather, a few sloppy misses but never touched any of the 5 b birds on stand 4, shoot average 72 I think and I managed a few above this so pleased. Good variety of targets and several needed some gaps, all ran smoothly, perfect referee.

Latest posts

Back