skeet vest

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe that people have just one skeet vest. At the very least surely the most stylish change the colour of your shooting vest? 

I've been shooting a year and have four skeet vests, only two of which are utterly hideous.
Man - One vest   Alll disciplines / All weathers  

Holiday travel 1 week   - 7 pairs of socks, 7 pairs of boxers,  7 T shirts, 2 pairs of shoes & a credit card

Woman  - 40 vests , 3 for each discipline / one for each season ,  plus a backup in case one breaks,  or someone else has the same vest , or was at a shoot the  year previously, and may remember you were wearing the lilac leopard print one

Holiiday travel 1 week  - 21 pairs of tights (2x per day & backup pair in handbag)  Nickers the same !  16 dresses, 16 tops  3 coats  9 pairs of shoes  3 credit cards  all empty,  2 xxx large suitcases  Towels  make up kit  & 2 handbags   (just in case) 

Sound familiar :)

Mart

The dearest skeet vests are undoubtedly  the England or Great Britain Team ones ......cost me a fortune to get one for my son !!

Have a basic Beretta vest thats lasted 26 years, had a Musto one with the double zips that didnt last 26 months before it fell to bits, just bad luck I guess, would add that now have also a Musto jacket that I like to wear every day when out shooting and I defo wouldn't part with it
The sporting lodge website has got some great deals with Beretta vests at the moment, they include a recoil Gel pad... Different colours available.
http://www.thesportinglodge.co.uk/shop/products/beretta-silver-pigeon-shooting-vest.htm

http://www.thesportinglodge.co.uk/shop/products/beretta-silver-pigeon-shooting-vest.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Top gun. The style I bought is discontinued and they are selling them off at £30, I payed £62. Very comfy, practical also has the aforementioned fat flap ..
I got one for £29.99...it comes with the said Fat Flap" too ...not that I need it yet tbh...may need to get a few more of her majesty the wife's Yorkshire puddings down me to make use of that! :biggrin:

I would like to point out the fat flap can go both ways its use is not mandatory.. :p

chicken curry no worry

What "a bit tight" or pockets too deep.
Both!!! .

If you were in the English sporting team for the HI in Northen Ireland you'd get £350 team funding, the Scotland team got £0...made wearing the Scotland vest VERY expensive!!!

Both!!! .

If you were in the English sporting team for the HI in Northen Ireland you'd get £350 team funding, the Scotland team got £0...made wearing the Scotland vest VERY expensive!!!
That's a joke whoever made the final decision not to even help a wee bit (Bit of Scottish there) needs a kick up the proverbial back side IMO I have never met a Scott who is nothing other then generous (snigger snigger).

That's just the way it is Shaun, we have a raffle at every sporting/FITASC shoot, that knocked a bit off the hotel bill, banquet ticket gets paid for you by the Assosiation...but all your travel and the hotel balance is your responsibility...bloody ferry cost me £180 to take the car!!!

That's just the way it is Shaun, we have a raffle at every sporting/FITASC shoot, that knocked a bit off the hotel bill, banquet ticket gets paid for you by the Assosiation...but all your travel and the hotel balance is your responsibility...bloody ferry cost me £180 to take the car!!!
That's a very bitter pill to swallow! I guess we are all aware of the costs involved with this sport and unfortunately unless you are lucky enough to have a generous sponsor then your on your own, oddly enough my cousin was a pro golfer a few years back and although he had sponsors and prize money of over £100.000 a year on average it was well short of whats needed so he gave up. its not just shooting that costs a small fortune. :fie:

I agree with you both, I know quite a few that don't bother with the home international scene coz it's just to costly to bother with.

Latest posts

Back