Sodding Sat Navs

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sian

I took a day off work today for a rest. "Drop my gun into the Gunsmith Darling" says my beloved. "It won't take you more than 40 mins to get to Radlett" says my beloved knowing how geographically challenged I am!

"Don't worry I've input the address into the Sat Nav on you IPhone" says my beloved. So with a generous dose of genuine fear I set off before 9am. Four f***ing hours later I have seen all parts of Hertfordshire except Radlett. By this point I have used half a tank of petrol at least in my Focus and I am seriously considering divorce. I suddenly see a sign for M25 and think just get on it and go home.

Once home I still have the problem of getting the gun to the gunsmith so I call my friend's father who with the aid of a proper map gets me there no problem by coming with me and navigating in a calm and relaxed manner (unlike the Beloved) even if we did come onto the farm using the wrong entrance and have signicant off roading challenges to negotiate in a car that is not made for off roading.

I am willing to share some blame with the Sat Nav as I am not very good with directions but this thing was spouting absolute crap most of the time - I was using Nav Free I believe. Of course according to the Beloved I am 100 per cent to blame. Busily sitting here thinking of ways to get back at him - just give me time!

I took a day off work today for a rest. "Drop my gun into the Gunsmith Darling" says my beloved. "It won't take you more than 40 mins to get to Radlett" says my beloved knowing how geographically challenged I am!

"Don't worry I've input the address into the Sat Nav on you IPhone" says my beloved. So with a generous dose of genuine fear I set off before 9am. Four f***ing hours later I have seen all parts of Hertfordshire except Radlett. By this point I have used half a tank of petrol at least in my Focus and I am seriously considering divorce. I suddenly see a sign for M25 and think just get on it and go home.

Once home I still have the problem of getting the gun to the gunsmith so I call my friend's father who with the aid of a proper map gets me there no problem by coming with me and navigating in a calm and relaxed manner (unlike the Beloved) even if we did come onto the farm using the wrong entrance and have signicant off roading challenges to negotiate in a car that is not made for off roading.

I am willing to share some blame with the Sat Nav as I am not very good with directions but this thing was spouting absolute crap most of the time - I was using Nav Free I believe. Of course according to the Beloved I am 100 per cent to blame. Busily sitting here thinking of ways to get back at him - just give me time!
Aha, so you paid a visit to Hill Farm, (Ladbrooke and Langton) I presume?

When you say sodding sat nav's what you mean is one particular 'free' one, which incidentally should still be able to find Radlett. Pay peanuts get ........

When you say sodding sat nav's what you mean is one particular 'free' one, which incidentally should still be able to find Radlett. Pay peanuts get ........
No I mean sodding sat Navs - have in built one in our audi and a Tom Tom which I could not find today. I admit not getting on with them and I am genuinely geographically challenged. It scares me to go somewhere new on my own - laugh if you want - after the day I had in a car that was boiling due to air con playing up and showing 35 degrees I don't give a stuff.

Shot my last Garmin....great sense of justice.....I can recommend that course of action....!!

You can't live with them and you can't live without them !!...., sound familiar .

get an Etch a Sketch much cheaper and you can design your own route!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back