STOLEN TRAPS - BEWARE!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psych4shooting

Sorry for the Capitals - but there have been a number of grounds/clubs targeted int he alst few evenings with the intention on taking traps, batteries and equipment. It seems to be on order and it is solely trap equipment.

Please let as many clubs/grounds know as possible to be aware of what they have out on the ground and also being offered cheap equipment. It is a sad state of affairs. I know of grounds in Gloucestershire, Wiltshire, Berkshire that have been targeted in the last few days.

Please keep an eye out.

There were battery theives on our site last night, they didn't get any of ours but they wre seen trying to take one of a tractor in the farm.

Cheeky sods!

Haha DT, It took every ounce of self restraint!!!! I think Matt would have closed my account if I had written what I called them this morning!!!!

4 went from a ground near market rasen in Lincolnshire about 4 weeks ago, again they went past certain traps to steel specific ones. Also took a 5kva diesel generator. A week earlier a black lab was stolen from its kennel too at the same farm.

Last edited by a moderator:
well as they usually spend most of their time trying to pinch lumps of lead I suggest we give them some.....at rather high speed.....scum!

Many years ago at a club I used, the low lifes managed to break into one container that hadn't had the high security locking system fitted and knicked all the cables and buttons used to release the traps.

That caused us as much trouble as if they had knicked the traps and batteries.

Prior to that over the years we have had two booking-in caravans wrecked and torched but nothing stolen.

The site, which is owned by a guy that deals in refurbished earth moving equipment and scrap, is now monitored by CCTV. If he caught the culprits they would suffer.

Vic.

There were battery theives on our site last night, they didn't get any of ours but they wre seen trying to take one of a tractor in the farm.

Cheeky sods!
Batteries, traps and machinery seem to be the target - looks like an article has gone in "Thieves Weekly" as there is a spate of it over the country this week, more than just the odd incident as has been in last few months.

Phil - you can now add Hampshire and others in Berkshire - these guys are even taking traps off towers so very specific models sourced - hear a light blue /blue cherokee Jeep is being sought by police " to help them with their enquiries"

Some months ago Bridgnorth Gunclub had 5 traps stolen.

I published the details on a website and within an hour I received an email from Leamington Spa saying he thought my traps were for sale on Ebay.

I looked and saw from the photograph that yes indeed it probably was mine. I contacted the seller and arranged to view the trap. I asked the seller if he could get me any more as I was starting a club. " Yes I may be able to get you another four."  I asked if I could take a photograph with my mobile to show 'the committee' ? Of course no problem, so because of where the Sun was I had to take a few photographs which just happened to get the seller in the frame and his BMW registration. 

I then handed all the details to the Police who did little or nothing until the traps were all sold to a club in Stirling Scotland.

We then had to hire a van and buy diesel to go on a 14 hour trip to collect my traps which I had bought and paid for years ago, and had secured in a padlocked secure shipping container.

My neighbour who is an armed response officer has asked me to be careful and not lose my temper or do anything silly.

Which of course is the correct procedure.

Low life robbing scum, no time for crims. Lock em all up and throw the key away thats what i say even if my tax goes up to cover the expense.

Latest posts

Back