Teaue thin walled chokes.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

westley

ShootClay Supporter
Does anyone have experience of Teague thin walled multi chokes, fitted as an after sales to a fixed choke gun.
I am looking at what markings Teagues put on the tubes, to identify them for any additional choke orders. Thanks.

Had Teague’s fitted to several guns, there is a serial number on the choke tube that you can quote to order additional chokes.
With extended choke tubes, I believe that they supply with the choke constriction shown on the extended section as the default, just ask for that to be not added if preferred.

IMG_1558.jpeg

Thank you, I thought that was the case. These are unmarked, except for1/4 and 1/2 etched into the choke, near to the muzzle. They are certainly after sales chokes, as the gun would have originally been fixed chokes.

The serial number is the key , as Teague measure the actual bore of that gun then select a tube that gives , a constriction of 0 , .005 , .010 , .015 , etc . If you ring them and quote the make and serial number they will work from that , it will be in their records and can tell you what came with the gun .

THAT is if they are Teague chokes !
Nigel Teague originally had a partner, they split and the partner continued to make and fit retro chokes. I think they were called 'Pro chokes' and were made in the North of England. They are no longer available, but there is a lot of guns out there fitted with them. All that Teague will say is "They are not our chokes". So extra chokes are not available.

Are Teague chokes good? Yes. I've had several guns with them.
Are they better than other multi-chokes? I don't know. I've never compared them.
Would I have good barrels Teague'd? No. In my experience, Teague chokes reduced the performance of good barrels.

Back