Teaue thin walled chokes.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

westley

ShootClay Supporter
Does anyone have experience of Teague thin walled multi chokes, fitted as an after sales to a fixed choke gun.
I am looking at what markings Teagues put on the tubes, to identify them for any additional choke orders. Thanks.

Had Teague’s fitted to several guns, there is a serial number on the choke tube that you can quote to order additional chokes.
With extended choke tubes, I believe that they supply with the choke constriction shown on the extended section as the default, just ask for that to be not added if preferred.

IMG_1558.jpeg

Thank you, I thought that was the case. These are unmarked, except for1/4 and 1/2 etched into the choke, near to the muzzle. They are certainly after sales chokes, as the gun would have originally been fixed chokes.

The serial number is the key , as Teague measure the actual bore of that gun then select a tube that gives , a constriction of 0 , .005 , .010 , .015 , etc . If you ring them and quote the make and serial number they will work from that , it will be in their records and can tell you what came with the gun .

THAT is if they are Teague chokes !
Nigel Teague originally had a partner, they split and the partner continued to make and fit retro chokes. I think they were called 'Pro chokes' and were made in the North of England. They are no longer available, but there is a lot of guns out there fitted with them. All that Teague will say is "They are not our chokes". So extra chokes are not available.

Are Teague chokes good? Yes. I've had several guns with them.
Are they better than other multi-chokes? I don't know. I've never compared them.
Would I have good barrels Teague'd? No. In my experience, Teague chokes reduced the performance of good barrels.

I had my old MK38 done with Brileys and the pattern was superb. Now on my K80 I had the shorter thin wall chokes. Had an accident with one of them (totally my fault - nothing to do with Teague) I now have the longer ones and it has the serial number and choke etched onto the side of it plus the choke etched onto the part that sticks out for ease when I’m shooting and have different chokes in!

Attachments

• IMG_0996.jpeg
    IMG_0996.jpeg
    3 MB
THAT is if they are Teague chokes !
Nigel Teague originally had a partner, they split and the partner continued to make and fit retro chokes. I think they were called 'Pro chokes' and were made in the North of England. They are no longer available, but there is a lot of guns out there fitted with them. All that Teague will say is "They are not our chokes". So extra chokes are not available.
That rings a bell Westley , I can recall some debate about whether people asking their dealer to get the gun ‘ Teagued ‘ were actually getting the gun sent to Teague , but that must be 30 plus years ago . What model gun are you talking about ?

Does anyone have experience of Teague thin walled multi chokes, fitted as an after sales to a fixed choke gun.
I am looking at what markings Teagues put on the tubes, to identify them for any additional choke orders. Thanks.
I had my gun Multi Choked by Teague also went for the optional steel shot proofing when it went to be re proofed as my gun was too old to have been done originally. Really happy with the result I opted to drop my gun off and pick up as I was only 160 miles away 🤣.

As already said they are marked with your guns serial number for future ordering.

I also decided to not have the knurling done to make them look less obvious.

IMG_6131.jpeg

That rings a bell Westley , I can recall some debate about whether people asking their dealer to get the gun ‘ Teagued ‘ were actually getting the gun sent to Teague , but that must be 30 plus years ago . What model gun are you talking about ?
Worth a call to Ivan Reid @ Teague to check your options, a very approachable & helpful chap, hope you get it sorted.

Worth a call to Ivan Reid @ Teague to check your options, a very approachable & helpful chap, hope you get it sorted.
Thank you Steve. I really only bought the gun for the Trap stock but it will also act as a back up gun to my Classic Doubles clay gun. The Sporting stock on the CD is too low and a bit thin in the comb. The Monte Carlo Trap stock that also came with the gun is too high. The Winchester has a standard Trap stock, which I don't mind having altered, to effect a decent fit. Shame really as the Sporting stock is nice wood, but looks like a 'Blue Peter' project at present.

Attachments

• 20240831_141353.jpg
    20240831_141353.jpg
    1.3 MB

Latest posts

Back